Been using the leather pouch for 2 days, and so far so good. I'm not a fan of clipping it on my belt, so this pouch works perfect for me, since I can easily slide it in my pocket. Also it looks professional and classy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 07:05 PM
    Hey where did you order your silicone case from? I am about to install my BSE skin, but I miss my silicone cases and didn't know 2-piece ones were available!

Ordered mine from ebay last night
    10-02-10 08:43 PM
    Same I have the rim pouch for mine

The only problem I had with it was actually paying for it caus they used to come free with the phone and that was a **** off

The leather pouch never came with any BB -- the leather holster did. There's a big difference because you can't put the holster in your pocket due to the permanent belt clip. The designs of the holster and the pouch (actually called a pocket or pocket pouch) used to be very different until the Torch. They're the same design now, except for the belt clip and strap on the holster.

10-02-10 09:04 PM
    well my BB 9000 certainly came with a pouch, and the device refers to it itself as a holster.. no clip on it whatsoever. Infact here's a 9800 picture proof just because I want to use the camera ha

10-02-10 09:15 PM
    I have this case for mine but in blue:

it's a flexible but hard rubber - I had them for my 9000 and liked them a lot.

the only problem is that it does stick a bit on the slider.
    10-02-10 10:37 PM
    I have this case for mine but in blue:

it's a flexible but hard rubber - I had them for my 9000 and liked them a lot.

the only problem is that it does stick a bit on the slider.
    I bought the case but I hate how it affects the operation of the slider. It doesn't seem to fit very securely as well. Just doesn't seem like the design is well suited for a slider form factor

10-03-10 02:11 AM
    Just got a Phantomskinz, don't like hiding the look of the phone (but on the con side, installing skins is kind of a pain...)

10-03-10 04:25 AM
    Started with otterbox and, like many others, have since thrown it away. I'm now using the Mobi hard shell case (1/3 the price of the otterbox), and I really like it. I had to use some strategically placed double-sided tape to keep the top piece from coming off occasionally in my Bold 9000 horizontal holster. But, it does fit very well in my holster and in my Bold car mount with the Mobi case still on it. I'm very pleased. I got the clear case, but it comes in many different colors too.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Just wondering if there's any movement to the top part of the BB when the Mobi Hard Shell is on? I bought a similar 2-piece shell from Telus and put it on. Where the TOP shell clips on to the Torch at the bottom of the screen (one on the left, and one on the right) it seems to keep it raised ever so slightly off of the bottom bezel and when you lightly push on it, it moves or "gives". I didn't like the feel of it and didn't see how it could possibly be good for the slider mechanism to "bounce" like that so I returned it and got my money back.

Any thoughts on the Mobi Hard Shell?
    10-03-10 09:33 AM
    ===== QUOTE djtrent04101 ====

Started with otterbox and, like many others, have since thrown it away. I'm now using the Mobi hard shell case (1/3 the price of the otterbox), and I really like it. I had to use some strategically placed double-sided tape to keep the top piece from coming off occasionally in my Bold 9000 horizontal holster. But, it does fit very well in my holster and in my Bold car mount with the Mobi case still on it. I'm very pleased. I got the clear case, but it comes in many different colors too.

===== /QUOTE ====

Just wondering if there's any movement to the top part of the BB when the Mobi Hard Shell is on? I bought a similar 2-piece shell from Telus and put it on. Where the TOP shell clips on to the Torch at the bottom of the screen (one on the left, and one on the right) it seems to keep it raised ever so slightly off of the bottom bezel and when you lightly push on it, it moves or "gives". I didn't like the feel of it and didn't see how it could possibly be good for the slider mechanism to "bounce" like that so I returned it and got my money back.

Any thoughts on the Mobi Hard Shell?
    Have not noticed what you are describing. In fact, the case has helped greatly with the "wiggle" a lot of us have experienced.

10-03-10 10:40 AM
    Have not noticed what you are describing. In fact, the case has helped greatly with the "wiggle" a lot of us have experienced.

Thanks for your input. I don't have the "wiggle" at all (thank goodness!). Any chance you could tell me where the all the clips are located that attach the top shell to the phone? The one I tried had four clips to hold the top shell on... left side, top; right side, top; bottom left; bottom right.

Thanks
    10-03-10 11:14 AM
    I just picked up the GRT today (from AGF). I went into the AT&T store not knowing what I was going to get. I just knew for sure one way or another I was walking out of the store with some kind of case!!!! I just dropped my Torch yesterday for the first time and since there was no case I scratched the **** out of the front bezel! Needless to say I am not a happy camper!

The AT&T store only had 2 different cases. They had the Otterbox Commuter and the GRT from AGF. I tried the otterbox on my phone first. I liked the idea of a silicone skin with a hard outer shell. (if I had my choice I'd rather just get a full body rubber skin like the one I had on my Tour. But since they are not available yet, I settle for what I can get. I DID NOT LIKE THE OTTERBOX COMMUTER AT ALL!!!!!! It magnified my very minor screen wobble so much that I felt like the screen was going to fall off the phone. I also did not like the bulkiness of it. I also noticed that when I removed the front part of the cover from my Tor hit had scratched it. Next I tried the GRT. This attaches in a similar way except there is a glide rail on each side that attaches the front to the back. (glide rail technology) hence the name GRT. I like the way that it really does not attach to the phone and it feels very secure in the case. My minimal wobble is not at all noticeable while in the case. I also like that fora hard shell type case it does not fell very bulky at all. I decided to go with this case over the otter box but it will only be until something better comes along.

There is one thing that I don't like- it makes it kind of awkward to use the track pad with the front part attached.

Sorry for rambling on and on..
    10-03-10 05:14 PM
    Top center, bottom left, and bottom right.

10-03-10 10:51 PM
    I'm using the AGF GRT and think it is great. No chance that the front will fall off and the GRT makes the slider solid. It's a little bulky but not bad. It does make using the track pad a little awkward but I've gotten used to it.

The only other issue is the charging plug will not go in all the way. I just had to remove about 1/8 inch of the outer plastic on the plug and it fit fine.
    10-03-10 10:59 PM
    I have the AGF case and I love it. Its a bit bulkier than a skin or rubber case, but it more than makes up for that with the way it protects the device and actually enhances the functionality of the slider. I had developed a bit of the infamous "wiggle" and the case actually fixed it. It wiggles less out of the case and not at all in the case.

I did develop a bit of a case based wiggle (the faceplate was moving very slightly vertically) but the case comes with a one year warrenty and they were more than happy to replace the faceplate.

This is a great product and the GLT (glide rail technology) is a major benefit that will help prolong the life of the device. It gets high marks from me.
    10-04-10 07:09 AM
    well my BB 9000 certainly came with a pouch, and the device refers to it itself as a holster.. no clip on it whatsoever. Infact here's a 9800 picture proof just because I want to use the camera ha
    {image snipped}
    Sorry, couldn't tell from the CB mobile site that you were outside of the US. The 9000 came with only the holster on AT&T -- I had to buy the pouch separately.
    10-04-10 07:22 AM
    Two questions about the Mobi case. Will the Torch fit into the holster with the case on? Will The Torch fit into the charging pod with case on (doubt it). Thanks!
    10-04-10 07:44 AM
    I was surprised there weren't any pouches (or other accessories for that matter) available at launch in Canada (at least in Saskatoon). Any other Canadians find any accessories for the Torch? Which stores?

Future Shop (Toronto) has the swivel OEM case for the Torch, but not much inventory. They also have some screen protectors for the Torch, but again - limited inventory.
    10-04-10 09:41 AM
    The best case so far imo.. is the casemate medley hard case. I had that otterbox commuter case and it was horrible. The funny hting is Otterbox has a great reputation of making strong sturdy cases. This one was a joke! The front piece pops off very easily. The casemate so far is the best. The front piece seems to clamp on really good and does not pop off easily. Body glove and Siedio have phone cases coming out soon! No pics are provide but I am eager to see what they come out with. I believe in putting my phone in a hard case because you never know when you may accidentally drop your phone on the concrete. Phones are not cheap!
    10-04-10 02:17 PM
    The mobi hard case is advertised as $12.95 on the homepage of the crackberry website. When i click on it, it just takes me to the shop.crackberry.com homepage and i can't find it for $12.95. The black case is $16.95. whats going on?
    10-05-10 10:50 AM
    The best case so far imo.. is the casemate medley hard case. I had that otterbox commuter case and it was horrible. The funny hting is Otterbox has a great reputation of making strong sturdy cases. This one was a joke! The front piece pops off very easily. The casemate so far is the best. The front piece seems to clamp on really good and does not pop off easily. Body glove and Siedio have phone cases coming out soon! No pics are provide but I am eager to see what they come out with. I believe in putting my phone in a hard case because you never know when you may accidentally drop your phone on the concrete. Phones are not cheap!
    I am waiting on the Seidio Active X case. If it's anything like the Active case my husband has for his iPhone 4, it should be solid.
    I have used the Otterbox case. Actually had to get the first one replaced through Otterbox because the clip at the top of the top piece broke off and it wouldn't stay on. I used it for a couple days then I got a couple of $5 cases off ebay. One sucked and the top piece broke within a matter of hours. The second one has been surprisingly sturdy and well designed. It's a black rubber covered plastic. I "personalized" it by slapping on a University of Washington sticker on the back cover.

I may sell the Otterbox case. Or exchange it. I think the $35 at&t is asking for the casemate medley is redonkulous. Have not tried the mobi case. It looks like the $5 case I got from ebay but twice the price. The case selection on ebay is growing by the day. That seems the best and cheapest place to look. Get a few $5 ones and you'll get at least one that does the job.

I like that flexi-TPU style posted earlier in the thread. Where can that be had? I've seen some on ebay so perhaps I will buy one from there.
    10-05-10 01:54 PM
    Right now Im just using my OEM 9700 holster. Fits perfectly in it. Will need to order another one though since I'll be selling my 9700.
    10-05-10 02:16 PM
    do any of these cases for the Torch have a strap-loop feature? I can't use a holster or pouch, so I'm hoping there's a case out there that will add the option for a strap loop to the phone - anyone know for sure?
    11-12-10 05:18 PM
    I have the AGF GRT shell case and love it! I like my phone in my pocket so the holster won't work for me. This case is solid and I have not had any problems with it.
    +1 for the AGF GRT
    11-12-10 06:42 PM
    In Conclusion... The AGF GRT is the best case?
    11-29-10 04:48 PM
    In Conclusion... The AGF GRT is the best case?
    imo yes...

best protection, doest effect or hinder the phone, doesnt ruin the slider, doesnt bake parts loose like the otterbox does... and most importantly protects the phone from everything.. incuding 1ft drops lol unlike otterbox.

im currently running:

screen protector + agf + oem 9000 holster (fits perfect and magnet in perfect position)
    ewakil12 likes this.
    11-30-10 02:42 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD