I tried to post this yesterday...but didn't get a lot of hits...

I'm looking into purchasing a case for my 8130. I love having the holster..but I know I'll probably have to abandon it if I go with a case. ( I just like that it automatically goes to standby when entering)

I don't think I'll ever use a belt clip...but rather put the phone in my pocket. I would like to have a little better grip on the phone when using it and ofcourse, protect it from an unthinkable drop.

Any suggestions/thoughts out there?

I did order a "Best-Skin-Ever" that should be on it's way....but I was also looking at some of Seidio's products. Just not sure which way to go!!
    02-21-08 10:00 AM
    hey, what i did was i bought the normal blackberry rubber skin from verizon (black) and then i went onto sedio online and bought a clip with the magnate for an 8100 for skinned blackberrys, the skin protects the back and the clip protects the front and i usually just stick the entire clip into my pocket. it does and girth but now you have the option to put it on your belt if ever needed and its still small enough to fit in you pocket. i like my system but it might not be for you who knows the clip is expensive (30$). i have heard fantastic things about the otter box but i don't think its out for 8130s yet
    02-21-08 11:26 AM
    I have the bestskinsever on my Pearl and the texture of the skin gives the BB a bit more "grip" to the unit. I just use the BSE and nothing else!
    02-21-08 11:27 AM
    I e-mailed otterbox customer service about a week ago. Their reply was the otterbox for the 8120/8130 should be out by the end of this month. Can't post URLs yet. Just go to Otterbox.com. If you look at the otterbox for the 8100 you get a better selection to view.
    02-21-08 11:57 AM
    How about RexRegina Morgan Pouch. They have just brought out some new cases. They are fantastic quality and look awesome.

Try here:

HERE
    02-21-08 02:30 PM
    I am waiting for the 8130 otterboxes. I curently have a BSE and really love it. I am not certain I am going to like an actual case, since I am a huge fan of the pearl being as small as it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 03:09 PM
    If you are leaning towards the Otterbox and you are from Canada go to evercorp.com they are in Markam and the prices there are the same as in the US. You will save on shipping costs.
    02-21-08 05:24 PM
    I have a BSE (Best Skins Ever) on my screen only and a slim rubberized case with a holster from Seidio!

To me this is the BEST combo EVER!!!!! I highly recommend it!
    Last edited by pashan; 02-21-08 at 06:58 PM.
    02-21-08 06:45 PM
    How about RexRegina Morgan Pouch.
    NOTHING for my Pearl...? So disappointing!
    02-21-08 06:48 PM
    By far this is one of the best cases I have ever used for any phone:
    dub dub dub .bodyglove.com /products_detail.php?product_id=23611&set_session=y es&mwrc_session_code=EAxzhHkrdalfSpps2xph

(I don't have at least ten posts yet).

It protects the screen and the whole device. It does not make the phone bulky and you can still use the device without doing anything. Like unstrapping something! It's cheap too. Just make sure you get it for the 8130... The 8100 version I got at best buy covers buttons and the video camera.

Very, very cool product.
    02-24-08 04:59 PM
    Oh yeah forgot to say you can take off that stupid rear clip too!
    02-24-08 05:00 PM
    I got the Seidio super slim hybrid (black and clear) for my 8310 Curve. I also got the hard rubberized slim case (deep burgundy). I have a Titanium and I had a hard time deciding whether I wanted the red or Titanium. I am so happy with the Titanium and this burgundy case. It looks great. I haven't even had the hybrid on it yet. lol.I would post the url but I don't have 10 yet. :-(
    02-24-08 06:28 PM
    I use the invisible shield by ZAGG. It makes the BB a little more rubbery and covers everything but the buttons. It's more like window tint so it's a pain to put on but it looks like there's nothing there.

invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry 8130 Pearl Case, Screen Protector, Cover, Shield, Skin, Invisible Shield

If nothing else you have to watch the strength test video!!
    02-25-08 12:51 AM
    Seidio rocks. Its pricey but good. Its not to bulky either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 01:38 AM
    I use the invisible shield by ZAGG. It makes the BB a little more rubbery and covers everything but the buttons. It's more like window tint so it's a pain to put on but it looks like there's nothing there.

invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry 8130 Pearl Case, Screen Protector, Cover, Shield, Skin, Invisible Shield

If nothing else you have to watch the strength test video!!
    bestskinsever.com is the same type of merchandise and costs 1/3 the price!
    02-25-08 01:50 AM
    bestskinsever.com is the same type of merchandise and costs 1/3 the price!

yeah i ordered one for my itouch and one for my BB Pearl. i practiced with the ipod touch first, as its the easier of the two to apply. but i havnt had a chance to put it on yet. problem i have is letting my phone sit for 24hrs without using it so it can cure right lol.

i should add, i am currently using a $10 side pouch from walmart, but very well may swing by the AT&"T store tomorrow and grab a real blackberry case with the magnet that puts it in suspend mode. they have the ones for the 8100 so it'll work with mine.
    i got one the night i purchased it from sprint, its the bodyglove i think i have this bodyglove (its in my car ATM so i dont have it here in front of me)
    Last edited by boomerbsg; 02-25-08 at 02:04 AM.
    02-25-08 02:00 AM
    yeah i ordered one for my itouch and one for my BB Pearl. i practiced with the ipod touch first, as its the easier of the two to apply. but i havnt had a chance to put it on yet. problem i have is letting my phone sit for 24hrs without using it so it can cure right lol.
    Just a hint...

I took a blowdryer on a LOW, WARM/COOL setting and used it on my BB to "set" it faster. I had my BB back on, in my pocket and off to Disneyland in 20 minutes!

It looked great too!
    02-25-08 02:09 AM
    actually i put it on after i posted above. and set it under my 60 watt office lamp about a foot or so above it for a bit..

got a couple small boubles on the screen, but nothing show stopping and they are close to the edge of the top of the screen.. i can live with that.. other than that it was actually easier and faster to the BB than my itouch lol.

it looks sexy, sexy enough to slide in my pocket and not use a holster as tough as that BSE is
    i'm hard on my phones, and i can almost promise by the time the new line comes in for sprint, i'll be needing a replacement lol.
    02-25-08 04:12 AM
    Heres my review of this case I received last week, ordered from Amazon for $1.47 (+ shipping)

link = Amazon.com: Solid Black Blackberry 8130 Pearl Rubber Silicon Skin Cover Case: Cell Phones & Service

Although the skin cover fits my Verizon Pearl 8130 perfectly, it isn't exactly as pictured on Amazon. First, an improvement in my opinion, the one they are actually shipping had individual holes in the back for the lens/mirror/flash/speaker instead of just two holes (one for lens/mirror/flash and one for the speaker). Another difference from the picture, this one makes it worse I think, is that on the front at the top the skin doesn't come down as far on the phone. I think if the skin came down further it would have a better 'grip' on the phone.

One last difference is the one they shipped has 4 slightly raised ridges on the back about 0.5 mm in height which are aligned with 0.5mm-additionally-reinforced corners (total of 1.5mm thickness on corners), great idea!

All in all, the skin I got from that link fits my phone perfectly including all the buttons and connections, its really thin (about 1mm), and although I wish it covered more of the front of the phone it hasn't actually fallen off or anything in the few days I've used it.

One last thing I should mention - with these rubberized skins they are great for putting on a surface and not sliding around etc but also kinda makes it tougher to slide into and out of a pants pocket..

For less than $2 I'm definitely satisfied! (I ordered 2 more cases last week too that haven't arrived yet I'll review them when they come in)

update: heres a link to another one I ordered that hasn't arrived yet, this one was $3.95 (+ shipping) Amazon.com: Smokey Smoke Transparent Clear Hard Case Cover Protective Snap-on for Rim Blackberry 8130 Pearl PDA: Cell Phones & Service
    Last edited by coolskierguy; 02-25-08 at 08:12 AM. Reason: added link
    02-25-08 08:08 AM

update: heres a link to another one I ordered that hasn't arrived yet, this one was $3.95 (+ shipping) Amazon.com: Smokey Smoke Transparent Clear Hard Case Cover Protective Snap-on for Rim Blackberry 8130 Pearl PDA: Cell Phones & Service
    heh, with that skin you can officially have a Batberry
    02-25-08 08:50 AM
    Its not really a case but I love the film from Bodygardz! It goes on clear and has a thick film that resists everything!! And you can't even tell its on the phone! The price is $25 but you get 2 sets!
    02-25-08 12:26 PM
    I bought the seidio and its supposed to be here by wed. hope its as good as eveyone says..
    Last edited by batman30; 02-25-08 at 07:51 PM.
    02-25-08 07:43 PM
    I've used the clear film called Bodygardz on two BB curves. It is similar to the Zagg material mentioned in an previous post in this thread. Bodygardz covers everything, too, other than buttons and comes in several pre-cut pieces. Application is like applying plastic protection film to the front end of an automobile. Once it's on, especially if not sticking well in some places, I set the BB on the dashboard to catch direct sunlight and heat. Then the film clings and molds much better. P.S. My BB is off when I set it on the dashboard.
    06-02-09 12:13 AM
    Try searching ebay....thats where i have found several cool cases for mine.
    06-02-09 01:33 AM
    I use the Otterbox Defender for my 8130. i love it. if you get it from verizon, its down to like 7 dollars. provided its in stock
    06-02-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD