I used a Seidio holster for my 8330 Curve and really liked it because of the top latch to ensure a secure hold on the phone. When I got my new 9850, I got a newer design that is a half shell and holster combination but with no top latch so I was kind of skeptical of how well the phone would be secured from the top. Well this holster / shell combo has been wonderful and I would definitely recommend it.

One other cool feature I didn't even know about when ordering it is that it has a built in recessed, fold out flat ribbon-like kickstand in the back of the half shell! This allows you set the phone upright or on its side both at a 45 degree angle. Very nice! It also allows access, somewhat difficult though, to the side buttons. You can also charge the phone while it's in the half shell but not when inserted in the holster. You can see a picture of it on VZW's website by doing a search using "9850 holster" as the search terms.

The only concern I have about this system is that because there's no top latch, the phone is secured by friction and over time with hundreds of in and out motions of rubbing, the surface is sure to eventually wear down and cause a loose fit in the holster. There wasn't a brand name on the VZW website but I think it is called Pure Gear. I don't know how new this design is so does anyone else have any extended experiece with the durability of this holster combo? Thanks.

VZW 9850 Holster / Shell Combo with Kickstand

VZW # RIM9850HOC
    01-10-12 05:19 PM
    Will that case also work on the AT&T version?
    01-10-12 09:42 PM
    I just realized I misspelled scenario in the title of this thread.

If it's the same body as the 9850, it should work just fine. It's a very versatile and protective design that doesn't take away from the phone's elegance.
    01-10-12 10:44 PM
    I just realized I misspelled scenario in the title of this thread.

If it's the same body as the 9850, it should work just fine. It's a very versatile and protective design that doesn't take away from the phone's elegance.
    Alright cool. That's what I was thinking. Thanks!
    01-13-12 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD