What case in your opinion is the best case for the Storm 2?

I currently have Phantom Skinz screen protector and RIM Silicone Skin but would like something like the Speck Candyshell. The closest thing I can find is the Otterbox Commuter.

I'm thinking of ordering a Otterbox Commuter case and perhaps do my impression of it and make a video or something.

What case/protection do you have with your S2 and what would you recommend?

What case is the best case?

-edit-

oh and if possible a picture of the phone + case would be nice too and how much you paid for it.
    Last edited by mysterl33; 12-15-09 at 03:22 PM.
    12-15-09 03:08 PM
    What case in your opinion is the best case for the Storm 2?

I currently have Phantom Skinz screen protector and RIM Silicone Skin but would like something like the Speck Candyshell. The closest thing I can find is the Otterbox Commuter.

I'm thinking of ordering a Otterbox Commuter case and perhaps do my impression of it and make a video or something.

What case/protection do you have with your S2 and what would you recommend?

What case is the best case?
    I got the pillow plush case, with the bullet proof screen protector... It works fairly well... We dropped the phone off a 10 story building, and no damage occured. The only thing I don't like is that the bullet proof screen protector is too thick, so the touch screen is not useable... But it is very well protected...
    12-15-09 03:11 PM
    I currently am using a silicone cover that I bought from VZW. But this weekend I ordered the Otterbox Commuter Case for $24 on amazon.com...it should be arriving any day now I can't wait. I have had the BodyGlove case for my S1 and Tour (VZW didnt have any instock for my S2) and they were great. Look on youtube at cases you're considering and people usually have videos and reviews.
    12-15-09 09:59 PM
    I currently am using a silicone cover that I bought from VZW. But this weekend I ordered the Otterbox Commuter Case for $24 on amazon.com...it should be arriving any day now I can't wait. I have had the BodyGlove case for my S1 and Tour (VZW didnt have any instock for my S2) and they were great. Look on youtube at cases you're considering and people usually have videos and reviews.
    let us know what you think. I bought the silicon case as well b/c i didnt want to leave without a phone case but im looking to upgrade to one that may protect my phone a little better.
    12-15-09 10:16 PM
    I was thinking of getting that case but couldn't find much review/user feedback on it so I decided to hold off..

There aren't many videos on YouTube for S2 cases so I'm starting to do them. Going to do an unboxing of my S2 as the first video, then do one on the RIM silicone case.

Let me know how you like your Otterbox Commuter.

btw, do you think it'd be a good idea to start reviewing cases and writing my take on them since there aren't many for the Storm 2?
    12-15-09 10:19 PM
    I'll def keep you posted on what I think of the case. I got the silicone case for the same reason as you...plus it sits on my toughbook computer very nicely and doesnt slide around while I'm driving =)

It would be great to see more reviews of cases for the S2...I think I had to watch videos for the S1 or Tour...they were ok but I'd prefer to see on actually for MY phone lol.

Here is a link to the video I watched for the Commuter Case....it was informative since I had no idea the case was 2 diff pieces.

12-15-09 10:32 PM
    I got the pillow plush case, with the bullet proof screen protector... It works fairly well... We dropped the phone off a 10 story building, and no damage occured. The only thing I don't like is that the bullet proof screen protector is too thick, so the touch screen is not useable... But it is very well protected...
    wtf... That was funny, yet stupid lol
    12-15-09 10:33 PM
    I'll def keep you posted on what I think of the case. I got the silicone case for the same reason as you...plus it sits on my toughbook computer very nicely and doesnt slide around while I'm driving =)

It would be great to see more reviews of cases for the S2...I think I had to watch videos for the S1 or Tour...they were ok but I'd prefer to see on actually for MY phone lol.

Here is a link to the video I watched for the Commuter Case....it was informative since I had no idea the case was 2 diff pieces.

yea i know what you mean, most video seems to be for the Storm 1 hence the reason i want to make some for the Storm 2 haha
    12-15-09 10:54 PM
    ordered the innocase 2. i had the commuter and liked it alot but i cant stand the pocket dust the silicone picks up. epik case so far takes the cake although the innocase has been my favorite in the past.
    12-15-09 11:24 PM
    I have the Epik resin case and it's pretty nice. I got it for 7 bucks so you can't go wrong there. Works well enough and most of the time I run without the case since I have a screen protector. I really only need the case when I go to a party
    12-15-09 11:30 PM
    Plus 1 for the epik!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 12:00 AM
    I have got the otterrbox commuter. Didn't use the the screen skin that came with it but already have one from bestskinz.com. the silicone case is a snug fit and the plastic section which clips over is also a good fit, all the led light holes, ear piece hole, buttons etc all line up nicely. all in all i am happy with it, the only minus point is that the screen can be a bit unresponsive at times. Also agree with jpyounis1 re the pocke3t dust pick up on the case. I just take it off once a week and give it a wash.
    12-16-09 12:46 AM
    Is anyone using the Incipio case?
    12-16-09 01:01 AM
    I'm waiting for my Storm 2 to be delivered - and I ordered this case to go along with it, since Blackberry have stopped supplying cases with their phones. I need a belt clip case when I play golf.
    12-16-09 01:44 AM
    I got a high gloss silicone case from verizon, normally priced at about $17. It comes in three colors. purple, clear, and blue.

High Gloss Silicone Protective Cover
    12-16-09 08:07 AM
    yea i know what you mean, most video seems to be for the Storm 1 hence the reason i want to make some for the Storm 2 haha

For 6 bucks you can't go wrong with that case.

But would't that case as well collect extreem dust if you have it sitting in your pocket??

And I'm with the guy on top I also need something I can attatch to a belt or .

The commuter case looks really good and clean.

Does anyone have any pictures of the epik case or a link to purchase.

But i mean would any of these fit the storm 2, because I looked at rims website dimensions of the storm 2 are slightly bigger than 1.
    12-16-09 08:48 AM
    I have a clear Epik case for my S2. I'll snap a pic of it later today. Working on essays for finals right now. Probably shouldn't even be on here haha
    12-16-09 08:51 AM
    BLACK Epik Case Resin Pro Blackberry Storm 9500 9530 - eBay (item 250502718751 end time Dec-21-09 05:49:02 PST)

I like this case, anyone know if it will fit the 9550?

Length Storm 1 4.43"/112mm

Storm 2 4.43"/112.5mm

Width Storm 1 2.40"/62.2mm

Storm 2 2.45"/62mm

My guess is all the storm 1 cases might fit as these are not huge number differences, at least the rubbery gell ones as they tend to strech a bit.
    12-16-09 08:59 AM
    I have got the otterrbox commuter. Didn't use the the screen skin that came with it but already have one from bestskinz.com. the silicone case is a snug fit and the plastic section which clips over is also a good fit, all the led light holes, ear piece hole, buttons etc all line up nicely. all in all i am happy with it, the only minus point is that the screen can be a bit unresponsive at times. Also agree with jpyounis1 re the pocke3t dust pick up on the case. I just take it off once a week and give it a wash.
    I have asked for one for x-mas!
    12-16-09 09:52 AM
    I love my Otterbox Commuter case and highly recommend it.

I have dropped my phone numerous times on concrete floors and it is still in great shape. The case has really protected the phone thus far.

I haven't had any of the screen issues that other people have had, where the screen doesnt respond.

Its the perfect case, very rugged, it has nice styling, and it is a great size. Not too bulky.
    12-16-09 10:21 AM
    I love my Otterbox Commuter case and highly recommend it.

I have dropped my phone numerous times on concrete floors and it is still in great shape. The case has really protected the phone thus far.

I haven't had any of the screen issues that other people have had, where the screen doesnt respond.

Its the perfect case, very rugged, it has nice styling, and it is a great size. Not too bulky.
    +1 I ordered four of these. (girlfriend, sister sister and for myself) and they are just fantastic. I was worried when I ordered it becuase I have always used seidio cases and liked them but the combination of soft and hard shell is fantasticly implemented and adds little bulk to the device. I am tempted to drop my storm with this case as it seems to be quite protective. :P
    Last edited by waker; 12-16-09 at 10:27 AM. Reason: add smilie. :)
    12-16-09 10:27 AM
    I'm just using the BB holster made for the storm. It's fine for me and if I had an additional case on the 9550, it'd not fit. I'm now scouting around to figure out how to put a pocket on the front of the holster to hold my auxiliary batt. Might have to resort to some heavy duty sewing, not sure yet.
    12-16-09 10:42 AM
    otterbox communicator imho..but I have my eye at that new smrtcase just posted in the blog..but the price (30.00) may keep me away.
    12-16-09 11:38 AM
    I have the commuter case from otterbox. Its not to bulky and provides great protection. I drop my phone numerous times and my phone is in tip top shape :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 11:54 AM
    Got my Storm 2 last week and the Otterbox Defender series a few days later. Here is my review. Zero issues with the case, all buttons work absolutely flawlessly. The case is top notch in my book, and since I am a maintenance mechanic, this thing will serve me well. Another thought, I have always had an issue with cell phones being made smaller every year, and frankly I was getting tired of phones slipping out of my hands. This new Otterbox Defender case not only protects the phone perfectly (already dropped twice and not a scratch) but the larger case along with its rubber case really feels like a phone now. If anyone is having issues with the buttons or the screen not working, then you installed something wrong. The sliding action and tap and typing features are exactly the same as before I installed the screen protector and case. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. The only issues that I wish they would have addressed was to make the back come off without having to take off the whole case apart to swap batteries. If they ever do that I will upgrade faster than Rossie O'Donnell running to an all you can eat buffet.

P.S. No I'm not being paid by Otterbox to say this...LOL

Deric
    12-16-09 01:09 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD