ive noticed the IS Quality from my S1 to my S2 it has change in looks and feel. on my S1 it has more orange peel look and is sticky feeling. The S2 has a smooth look with glassy feel-

never looked at the PS so i cant say much-

anyone have a side by side compare?
    Same for me...Much better for Storm2
    11-29-09 12:52 PM
    just ordered the phantomskinz for my storm2. hope it gets here soon.

for those of you who have ordered from them, how long did it take for you to get yours?
    11-29-09 07:45 PM
    I like the invisishield, but it does (can) cause button issues on the s2. I took back 2 phones before I realized it was the shield doing it. I actually removed it form the third and the problem was gone.

just some personal experiences on this one. I'd like to try some of the others listed in this thread. I shall now go and investigate.
    11-29-09 07:50 PM
    I like the invisishield, but it does (can) cause button issues on the s2. I took back 2 phones before I realized it was the shield doing it. I actually removed it form the third and the problem was gone.

just some personal experiences on this one. I'd like to try some of the others listed in this thread. I shall now go and investigate.
    lol, a screen protector was the casue of the prob, said who the rep? good one-
    11-29-09 08:06 PM
    Just had the IS installed on my S2 and I gotta say I'm loving it! I had and issue with the menu button @ first but it went away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 12:20 AM
    I liked the Phantom skinz, then found a anti glare screen protector from a ipod touch and they are awesome. Just cut to fit a little. I dont know how i lived without this anti glare, no finger prints and scrolling is just smoother. Wont use any thing else on any of my handheld electronics.

Is this the one?

Anti glare Film Set for iPod Touch2G - iPod Touch2G Screen Protector - iPod Touch2G Protector - iPod Touch2G Protective Film - iPod Touch2G Accessories - PowerSupport USA
    11-30-09 08:02 AM
    Yes, that is the one. Here is a link to another one I used on my Storm 1 that was equally as good and I just checked, it is now available for Strom 2. Trust me, I am o.c.d. about my phone and either 1 of these anti-glare/anti-smudge screen protectors are the bomb.
    Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for BlackBerry 9550 Storm2
    11-30-09 06:15 PM
    I ordered from Boxwave

"Clear Touch Anti-glare"

To me, these are easily the equal of what Power Support offers for the iPhone. A light matte finish and very resistant to fingerprints.

I bought a three pack and am very satisfied, really easy to install and no bubbling or flaws
    11-30-09 07:10 PM
    Yes, that is the one. Here is a link to another one I used on my Storm 1 that was equally as good and I just checked, it is now available for Strom 2. Trust me, I am o.c.d. about my phone and either 1 of these anti-glare/anti-smudge screen protectors are the bomb.
    Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for BlackBerry 9550 Storm2
    Just ordered up...Thanks!
    12-01-09 08:06 AM
    I have read this entire thread and its full of great information. However, if I wasn't confused about what to get before, I certainly am now.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the protectors that VZW sells? Are they good or bad?
    12-03-09 01:57 AM
    Really like my PS
    12-03-09 05:01 AM
    I haven't seen to many people talk about BodyGuardz on this site, but I believe these are the best screen/body protectors that you can buy!! They are a little more $$ but the quality of their product is by far better than any others that I have seen and tried!! I have them installed on my Storm2, Tour, iPod Touch, and my wifes Storm2 and will soon be getting one for both of our Nintendo DS!!!
    12-03-09 07:51 AM
    I got Clear-Coat and its great (similar to PS)
    Clear-Coat Scratch Protection
    12-03-09 12:58 PM
    just got my PhamtonSkinz in the mail... found out they dont ship it with the applicator tool and instead tells you to use a credit card or debit card.. what a let down haha.. will install after work.. any tips??? kinda worried about water getting in the cracks...
    12-03-09 02:25 PM
    just got my PhamtonSkinz in the mail... found out they dont ship it with the applicator tool and instead tells you to use a credit card or debit card.. what a let down haha.. will install after work.. any tips??? kinda worried about water getting in the cracks...
    take out battery. have a terrycloth handy to dry off excess water. make sure wipe off phone so no oil.

when done dont install battery for hour-
    12-03-09 02:31 PM
    I am absolutely amazed that nobody has simply gone into a local VZW store and purchased the screen protectors that they sell for the S2 over the counter. Or if they have, they are keeping their experiences to themselves.

Truly amazed...
    12-03-09 02:56 PM
    I am absolutely amazed that nobody has simply gone into a local VZW store and purchased the screen protectors that they sell for the S2 over the counter. Or if they have, they are keeping their experiences to themselves.

Truly amazed...
    I have tried their screen protectors on my TOUR and they are garbage!!!
    12-03-09 05:18 PM
    ^^ that's because they don't cover the buttons. They're just repackaged s1 protectors

12-03-09 05:19 PM
    take out battery. have a terrycloth handy to dry off excess water. make sure wipe off phone so no oil.

when done dont install battery for hour-
    Thanks for the tip!

I was thinking of wiping the screen with a little rubbing alcohol to get any oil/dirt off.... is this ok or should just use little water and microfiber??
    12-03-09 07:41 PM
    super tiny bit of baby shampoo and water = solution for diy screen protector installs
    12-03-09 08:12 PM
    Thanks for the tip!

I was thinking of wiping the screen with a little rubbing alcohol to get any oil/dirt off.... is this ok or should just use little water and microfiber??
    mysterl,

Great question! Great answer! Isopropyl alcohol is the BEST cleaner before installing our skinz (to remove facial oil etc.) or after, to remove any dust or lint. It really works well. I use it on my Tour monthly as a brief "clean up"!

Guru
    12-03-09 11:00 PM
    Hands down the best is Phantom Skinz. Had one on my S1 and put one on my S2 as soon as I could! Works great and last s forever!
    i second this
    12-04-09 12:02 AM
    Just installed Phantom Skinz on my S2. It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. Took about 10 min. to put it on. Now I'm waiting for the Phantom Skinz to dry so I can use my S2. It says to wait 2-4hrs before using device so got little more than 1 hr left.

The skin felt of high quality when I peeled if off the sheet. I'll update after I actually turn my S2 on and use it but it feels great and is practically invisible.
    12-04-09 02:00 AM
    just ordered one of these hope its good as wasn't happy with the invisible shield when I installed it, too much orange peek in its look
    mine arrived yesterday, quick shipping from the US to the UK

in an excellent screen protector, smooth finish and fingerprints reduced a lot.

The anti glare works well but it does this by reducing the shiny finish of the screen which you notice when when looking at white backgrounds, in emails etc

but I dont mind this as now I hardly have any fingerprints to clean off!
    12-04-09 03:32 AM
    Just ordered a phantom skinz. Whats the best way to remove the dust before I stick it on? I have always used a microfiber cloth but its not that good
    12-04-09 05:50 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD