I have had a couple of cases (from a couple of different companies), but both of them tended to very easily come lose, resulting in dropping of the phone .. (usually when getting in/out of car).

Looking at the design of the clips, I can see both have very bad designs which could not possibly be expected to securely hold.

Is there any company whose designs are better than others ???

My most recent/current is by Griffin (Elan for iPhone), and it is no better than the others, I have already dropped it.

Seriously, even a very basic engineer could very easily design a clip that is more resistant to being "forced" open, (even if movement places stress on the actual opening), by using an "overlapping" technique, w/ a little "lip" instead of simply having two jaws which "touch" together.

Has anyone done that ???
    09-19-08 04:23 PM
    I haven't heard this brand mentioned on this site, but I use a case/clip combo made by Body Glove. The clip seems pretty secure, better than most I have had in the past.
    09-30-08 12:24 AM
    Try the OEM cases. I have never had any problems with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 12:58 AM
    i like the old plastic oem holsters
    not a fan of the leather holsters... had one for my 8700 and 8300

the 8700 i never really used, but the 8300 one broke very quickly
    the magnets popped out of place and the flap wouldn't hold the bb in snug anymore... always flapped out of place
    10-01-08 10:24 PM
    The clip on the OtterBox is best for heavy duty jobs, holding up really well in my line of work.
    10-02-08 10:28 AM
    I like Piel Frama...
    10-02-08 10:34 AM
    For what it is worth. It seems I have managed to break too many belt clips to count over the years. I currently use a Tmobile horizontal leather pouch with the built in belt clip for my Curve. So far so good. For me, these types of clips seem to hold up better than the plastic swivel type clips. Could be becuase the case/phone stays closer to your body and the horizontal design may help with catching on the sides of your midsection. Since the clip does not catch on the belt there may be an increased risk of it sliding off instead of breaking.
    10-02-08 11:08 AM
    Hello guys. This is Arthur . I work for HiTechCloseout. We have the best leather cases for all blackberry models.. please visit our website HiTechCloseout.com and you will see what I am talking about. thanks
    10-02-08 11:54 AM
    Hello guys. This is Arthur . I work for HiTechCloseout. We have the best leather cases for all blackberry models.. please visit our website HiTechCloseout.com and you will see what I am talking about. thanks

o Advertising Policy
    CrackBerry.com maintains a No Advertising policy in the forums. Individuals/Businesses may not make posts promoting the sale of their own Products (Accessories, Services, Software, Themes, etc.) within the forums. Traffic Leaching is strictly prohibited. If you'd like to promote or advertise your Accessories, Services, Software, Themes etc. on CrackBerry.com please contact Kevin Michaluk directly. Kevin can be reached via email, kevin at crackberry.com.

Individuals looking to Sell or Swap personally owned items (i.e. Used Unlocked AT&T BlackBerry 8700 for Sale) may post in the Buy & Sell forum.

Please note, if individuals (not related to the company selling a product or service) post on an item that is or becomes available in the ShopCrackBerry.com store, if available for the same price or less we reserve the right to update posts to this link (gotta keep in business!).
    10-02-08 12:15 PM
    No question in my mind. The best holster option is Seidio.

I had gone through several until I came across this one. I now have had three different BB models and used this brand for all three.

2 thumbs up for sure.
    10-02-08 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD