My blackberry recently began to pocket dial while in the oem case when I press against it. This is not supposed to happen, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 09:36 PM
    It is not.
    Do you have the option in your phone to lock when holistered?

07-12-10 10:52 PM
    Yes, under Options-Security-General Settings. It is a Cirve 8330. Could it have anything to do with uninstalling BigTinCan BuzzMe?

07-13-10 06:00 AM
    I don't think so.
    I think the Oem case is just broken.
    Take the case and press on onto your bare Blackberry, the back. And see if your phone goes to holister mode.

07-13-10 04:34 PM
    It sounds like you're putting it in the holster facing the wrong way. Use a paperclip to find the magnet, put the BB in the holster with the keys closest to the magnet.

07-13-10 07:08 PM
    It sounds like you're putting it in the holster facing the wrong way. Use a paperclip to find the magnet, put the BB in the holster with the keys closest to the magnet.

Good advice. That happened to me when I first got mine. I even took it back to the store, and the Sprint rep noted that I was putting it in the case backwards, lol.
    07-13-10 08:38 PM
    I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I deleted a security app and blackberry scanner last night, and then sometime late this morning it magically started working again. I've had it for a little over a year now, and am pretty competent where cases are concerned and it weirdly quit working in both the original case and Otterbox around the time I uninstalled BuzzMe.

07-13-10 09:21 PM
    I discovered that the maganet is too high in the holster i bought at "the source". as i slide it in, the display goes black, with the phone only halfway in. as it is pushed down farther down into the holster, the display comes back on and stays on. now i know why it's been acting funny the last few months. explains shorter battery life, holster dialing etc.
    12-08-12 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD