Okay its in beta but I suppose the point of that is for us to give feedback. (plus am not the smartest of them; cough, cough) but how will RIM handle the native music player vs BBM Music when it eventually rolls out?

Common sense (cough, cough make that business sense) says BBM Music should be onboard by default with signing up an option, therefore it should be the next music player.

This brings me nicely up to my next question, when will BBM Music read and play music on board on an SD card?

Another thing since BBM & BBM Music will be heavily entertwined instead of sending a song name only why not send the album art as well by default when running on wifi? I tellya teenagers would lap that up like crazy?

"One last thing" (no harm in following in a great man's footsteps) I am rocking
    V1.0.0.93 on a Torch and it's butterly smooth so can somebody tell me why it is not rolling out already?
    10-10-11 11:18 AM
    I really think they should make BBM music free. It would be a huge selling point if it were true.
    10-10-11 12:07 PM
    I really think they should make BBM music free. It would be a huge selling point if it were true.
    The app or the content?
    Right now it's saying free for a month but that's in beta. As for the music I don't know. It starts on a decent backborne (BBM)
    I don't necessarily think it needs to be free it simply needs to be tweaked and rolled out well (read unlike previous RIM products) and BOOM we off.
    I have seen people lapping up stuff I never thought were worth my shoe laces as if their lives depended on it.
    10-10-11 12:34 PM
    I agree that access to the SD card would be a nice feature, but in addition to that I'd like access via my PlayBook through the Bridge. As good as my Bold sounds the PlayBook sounds better.
    10-11-11 12:34 PM
    i doubt they'd give SD card access when its a paid service, otherwise defies the point financially- but yes, it would be sick to be able to do that
    10-14-11 03:13 AM
    i doubt they'd give SD card access when its a paid service, otherwise defies the point financially- but yes, it would be sick to be able to do that
    I can see your point but think for a moment, BB Music needs to ship with all future RIM devices by default (for business reasons) so are you saying they need to ship with the native music player as well?

They can disable social sharing of SD card music via BBM to get around the issue you brought.
    10-15-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD