BBM Music is here for BlackBerry smartphones! �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BBM� Music app is finally here, and will be available for downloading within the next 24 hours in Canada, the United States and Australia (more regions will be launching shortly, so stay tuned).

First, let�s clarify one misconception: with a BBM Music Premium subscription, you can access far more than 50 songs. To start your BBM Music profile, you can choose up to 50 songs from the millions in our catalog. But, that�s just the beginning! Add more music to your library by adding friends and get access to your BBM friends� music profile songs. The more BBM friends with BBM Music Premium subscriptions you have, the more songs you can share! And the sharing goes both ways. Your BBM friends with BBM Music Premium subscriptions will have access to your profile music too, and can access it anytime.

So, let�s say you have 10 BBM friends with BBM Music subscriptions, and they each have 50 songs in their music profiles. From those friends alone, plus the 50 songs you downloaded to start your profile, you could have 550 songs in no time, right on your BlackBerry� smartphone!

Now, how about a quick refresh on the beta release: BBM Music is a BBM-connected social music service that allows BBM and BlackBerry smartphone users to discover, play and grow their music collections together. In other words, BBM Music helps you connect with your friends around music on a whole new level.

Turn your friend list into a playlist

With BBM Music, you can grow and keep your music selection fresh by swapping songs every month and by inviting friends to gain access to your music. And remember, when you invite friends to BBM Music, you get access to their musical playlist (which means you get access to more songs); you can build new playlists that include your songs and their songs, you can comment on your friends� music and you can start a chat with any of your BBM friends from within the BBM Music app in real time. All of this music activity is automatically posted to the homescreen timeline so that you can keep up with friends without missing a beat (literally)!

What�s more, you can cache your BBM music (or save your music to your microSD card) for easy offline listening. Choose the full track experience via the Premium Subscription version or the Free Subscription version � here�s what those options include:

PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION: The Premium �full track� BBM Music experience is available for a monthly subscription of $4.99 USD ($4.99 CDN and $5.99 AUD). The Premium version will feature a free Premium trial offer.
    Free Premium trial offer*: With the free Premium trial offer, you can use all the features of a Premium subscription for a limited time. Get up to 2 months* free in US and Canada, and one month free in Australia.
    FREE SUBSCRIPTION: There will also be a Free subscription to the service that delivers the same social experience as the Premium subscription, but with 30 second song previews versus full song tracks. After your Free Premium trial offer period ends, you can opt to continue using BBM Music without a paid subscription by using this Free subscription. You can upgrade from a Free subscription to a Premium subscription at any time.

What BBM Music Beta users like most

We�ve received tons of great feedback and suggestions from our beta participants � 8 out of 10 said they would recommend this service to a friend. Sharing songs with others is one of the most popular features, as is ease of use. Here�s what some of BBM Music users have to say:

�This app is by far the best music app out there� I love the way we can share music with friends!�

�I think it�s great. It gives you access to lots of music and socially you can meet new people with similar tastes in music.�

�I like the fact that I can grow a library by adding a few people within the application. It is easy to use and seem to have most music I have searched for.�

�I like the feature of sharing your music with your friends.�

Based on feedback from Beta users we have added a �stop� button alongside the �pause� button, enhanced music discovery by presenting sorting options in all music and contacts screens and improved conversation around music by adding an external notification icon when you receive a comment about your BBM Music. We thank you for your feedback!

Download BBM Music today

I have admittedly become addicted to the beta version of BBM Music, and I�m very excited for this to officially launch. I�ve quickly amassed well over 1,800 songs (a combination of my own song downloads and my friends�), and I have hours� worth of music that I�ve sorted into Indie, Jazz and Chill playlists, among others. Even my kids have their own playlists (which were handy on the beach this summer), and I�m constantly checking in for new music and updates from BBM friends. In short, I think you�re going to like it.

Download BBM Music today, and stay tuned for more blog posts on BBM Music as the service continues to evolve and becomes available in more regions.

*New BBM Music users only. May not be combined with other offers. Payment information required to receive full trial period. Following trial user placed into automatically renewing monthly subscription plan unless cancelled before end of trial period. Limited time introductory offer may vary by BlackBerry device or carrier. Additional charges may apply. Subject to change. See us.blackberry.com/legal/bbmmusic.jsp for complete details and restrictions.
    11-02-11 08:36 AM
    Those of us on the beta can't get the 2 free months I gather from the language of the * part?
    11-02-11 08:50 AM
    I was really hoping the 'free' subscription would not be the 'preview' but rather be like the beta and have full version songs but cap song adds, friend adds and streaming. Then, the full, paid version would have unlimited friend adds, song adds and streaming. That's too bad.
    11-02-11 09:04 AM
    The preview setup on a Free plan is the carrot to move on to the Premium. Personally I have no qualms about putting up the $5.00 for the premium. Have been in the beta and I love it. Impressive selection (went on an '80's flashback weekend for my playlist and hit 100% listing on every song I searched (even some of the more obscure bands ) Hopefully RIM will highlight this in some advertising to tweak a few "i" addicts away from their pods and onto their BB's
    11-02-11 09:19 AM
    So when you get the songs can you add them to your media card or are they only stored in the bbm music app??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 07:25 PM
    So when you get the songs can you add them to your media card or are they only stored in the bbm music app??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can choose which songs to cache to your sd card.

Quick question, i'm in the UK and had the beta program, had to wipe my phone and now cannot reinstall through beta zone (message that i'm unable to download file). Now I assume this means the full service will be going live in the UK soon - does anyone know if this is the case and when? I was surprised that we weren't included in yesterdays release.
    11-03-11 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD