As suggested by cjterminator in the comments section of the recent blog post of the BBM Music article, we should create a BBM music category for us CB addicts to post our playlists and see who we can add to help grow our libraries.

I think it's a great idea since everyone who is saying "Well, this isn't a great idea since only ___ amount of my friends have a BB, so it's no use to me to share music and pay $5."

Think about it, if we all posted our library lists, we won't have to worry about which of our friends have BB. All of us (CB community) can share and find out who has songs that we'd like to listen to! And in the process, new friendships can establish and grow from there...

Jake2826 likes this.
    08-25-11 01:39 AM
    even if we dont post our playlists....add people to bbm music, the more people the more music, introduce the world to different artists is a plus here, im in just cant wait for the beta(aparently today) bet it happens when im aslepp and i miss it
    08-25-11 06:29 AM
    ....and where do we find BBM Music? Is this in an upgrade to media player or is it an app in app world (I couldn't find it there).
    08-25-11 08:27 AM
    its probably going to be an app. heres a question, if we delete the person from our bbm contacts do we still keep their music? also if we get to change our playlist will it effect the people that are sharing that song?
    08-25-11 08:42 AM
    $5 for 50 songs/month? No thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 08:56 AM
    This will be a huge fail. RIM's core market is the business market who won't do anything with this (myself included). Plus 50 songs is a joke.
    08-25-11 09:00 AM
    $5 for 50 songs/month? No thanks.

Exactly. When I can get gigs and gigs in hours using any number of other online methods, paying for 50 songs is not gonna happen.
    08-25-11 09:03 AM
    It's YOUR 50 songs, then all 50 of your contacts songs, etc... you could have 50 contacts with 50 songs each and you get access to 2500 songs... Agreed, not so good for a mouth breathing cellar dweller with nobody to play with. But any normal person can ramp up the numbers pretty quick...

(already have it up and running to check it out)
    JR A and Jake2826 like this.
    08-25-11 11:43 AM
    Lol rim fail.

08-25-11 12:07 PM
    Yes please! We definitely need a forum for blackberry music.
    08-25-11 12:24 PM
    ....I think there could be something here given the number of kids addicted to BBM....more like 100 friends with 50 songs=5000 plus access to all their playlists.

I think as a plain vanilla music service it would fail, but as a combined music service/social media type app at least it is differentiated and might have a chance.
    JR A and Jake2826 like this.
    08-25-11 12:35 PM
    It's YOUR 50 songs, then all 50 of your contacts songs, etc... you could have 50 contacts with 50 songs each and you get access to 2500 songs... Agreed, not so good for a mouth breathing cellar dweller with nobody to play with. But any normal person can ramp up the numbers pretty quick...

(already have it up and running to check it out)
    ....I think there could be something here given the number of kids addicted to BBM....more like 100 friends with 50 songs=5000 plus access to all their playlists.

I think as a plain vanilla music service it would fail, but as a combined music service/social media type app at least it is differentiated and might have a chance.

Exactly! That's the whole point!
    08-25-11 02:08 PM
    Have said it plenty times! We all know there are some great streaming/music services in NA, maybe UK! But you have to think in a more global way! Most countries do not have an alternative than buying songs on iTunes or Amazon!

JR A and Joy1980 like this.
    08-25-11 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD