RIM Announces BBM Music-A New Social Music Sharing and Discovery Service
    New Cloud-Based Music Service Makes Music a Social Experience

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 25, 2011) - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced BBM Music, a new BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) service for socially connected music fans.

BBM Music is an easy-to-use cloud-based service that enables social and viral music discovery by allowing users to build an evolving, community-based music library that is shared amongst their BBM Music friends. The size of the music library continues to grow as new friends join the community and each user can select music from a catalog with millions of songs from leading music companies - Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Warner Music Group and EMI.

"More than 45 million customers already love the social communication benefits delivered through BBM and we are thrilled to be extending the experience into a uniquely social and interactive music service," said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. "We have partnered with leading music companies to provide a 'full track' music sharing and discovery experience that will provide users with quality music on demand and allow them to connect with friends on a whole new level."
    Its a start in the right direction.
    Last edited by RoseBud68; 08-25-11 at 03:02 PM.
    08-25-11 03:00 PM
    I think you mean Quote, not Quate.

RIM Announces BBM Music-A New Social Music Sharing and Discovery Service
    New Cloud-Based Music Service Makes Music a Social Experience

WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 25, 2011) - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced BBM Music, a new BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) service for socially connected music fans.

BBM Music is an easy-to-use cloud-based service that enables social and viral music discovery by allowing users to build an evolving, community-based music library that is shared amongst their BBM Music friends. The size of the music library continues to grow as new friends join the community and each user can select music from a catalog with millions of songs from leading music companies - Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Warner Music Group and EMI.

"More than 45 million customers already love the social communication benefits delivered through BBM and we are thrilled to be extending the experience into a uniquely social and interactive music service," said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. "We have partnered with leading music companies to provide a 'full track' music sharing and discovery experience that will provide users with quality music on demand and allow them to connect with friends on a whole new level."
    08-25-11 03:01 PM
    I think you mean Quote, not Quate.
    Fixed it.
    08-25-11 03:03 PM
    This would be a good idea if it was about half the price and more people used bbm.

Unfortunately its too expensive and nobody is on bbm anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 03:08 PM
    I disagree. I have plenty of BBM friends, and $4.99 is only 10 cents per song per month. I don't think that's too bad. I want to see the full details before I decide for sure though.
    08-25-11 03:24 PM
    Useless service, as if we need to add more costs in our lives. We already pay enough for BIS and the BlackBerry phone itself, gas, house rent, credit cards, school for kids, food, no thank you.
    08-31-11 03:05 AM
    i agree they should just make this a sharing free feature on blackberry we already paying for the data plan why need to be charged extra to share music when everyone know how to get free music out there
    08-31-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD