Hello fellow addicts. I have an 8330 that I use for work. Connected to BES etc etc. When I plug the phone in directly via USB it connects to DM just fine, however when I put the phone in the charging cradle it does not. I used the same usb cable and just plugged into tthe BB cradle. Any help is appreciated!
    08-11-09 08:06 AM
    The Dock is for charging only and does not support data transfer.
    08-11-09 08:21 AM
    Hello fellow addicts. I have an 8330 that I use for work. Connected to BES etc etc. When I plug the phone in directly via USB it connects to DM just fine, however when I put the phone in the charging cradle it does not. I used the same usb cable and just plugged into tthe BB cradle. Any help is appreciated!
    Not for sure if I understand you correctly or not. To me it sounds like you are plugging in the USB cable to the phone AND setting it on the Cradle to charge the phone?

If that is the case, again not for sure if this is true or not, but I would say that the phone will accept only one type of Charge Input at a time. I know when you use the USB cable it will trickle charge the phone via the USB Cable and you can communicate via DM to the phone. But, as I understand, if you place the phone on the Charging Cradle, it charges the phone via the contacts in the back of the phone and basically disables the USB connection.

Will have to get someone more knowledgeable on the charging of the phone, but again, as I understand, I don't think what you want to do is possible.
    08-11-09 08:56 AM
    I read it as he's using the USB to power the charging cradle.
    08-11-09 01:34 PM
    I read it as he's using the USB to power the charging cradle.
    Ah ok. But I guess you still can not use the Desktop Manager while using the cradle.
    08-11-09 01:57 PM
    Ah ok. But I guess you still can not use the Desktop Manager while using the cradle.
    You can, if you use two usb cords, one to the cradle and one to the usb port on the BB.
    08-11-09 01:58 PM
    The USB to the cradle is only supplying the +5v from the PC to charge only, the cradle only uses two lines supplied by the cable; Red +5v and Blk Gnd. Whereas the same cable plugged into the side port of the BB uses all lines power and data.

If you want it in the cradle just unplug the USB cable and plug it into the side port only. I wish they had the data lines in the cradle as well myself, but that would mean extra connectors on the rear of the BB.
    08-11-09 10:38 PM
    08-12-09 02:59 AM
    i thought my one line reply was over kill for this question..... ;-)
    08-12-09 04:15 AM
    Your reply was too hmmm to the point...
    08-12-09 11:25 AM
    I set up my BlackBerry to connect via Bluetooth while I keep it in its cradle on my desk, so I can sync wirelessly AND charge it at the same time.
    08-12-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD