Hey guys my Storm 2 is on its way from the USA to Canada. I was wondering has anyone used a screen protector or either an S1 or S2 and does it ruin the feel or cause any probs when typing. Also can anyone recommend a good brand of protector or should I just forget it.
    11-12-09 10:10 PM
    I went screenprotector less. Just like I did on my iphone 3gs. Never had an issue at all. The glass on the storm two is tempered like the iphone. As long as your not throwing it in a backpack or a pocketbook with keys etc. Your good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 10:16 PM
    Sounds good any good case ideas?
    11-12-09 10:21 PM
    I had a s1 from the day it came out until the day the s2 came out and did not have a screen protector. There was not a single scratch in my s1 screen when i switched to s2.
    I am of the opinion that a screen protector is unnecessary on the storm series phones.
    11-12-09 10:36 PM
    On the other side of the coin, I have a screen protector on both my iTouch and my Storm2 and it has not impacted typing at all.
    11-12-09 10:39 PM
    I had a screen protector on my 9530. It was the Ultimate screen guard by Seidio. And now I'm waiting on my AntiGlare one for my 9550 from BoxWave. Use SNOW10PCT to get 10% off.
    11-12-09 10:39 PM
    Phone is too sexy to case. I like the sena slim line to slide it in when not in use. Other hard cases are to thick and hide the beauty.

11-12-09 10:40 PM
    I've got a screen protector on my Storm2. The guy at the Verizon store sold them (pack of 4) to me as part of an 'accessories' package. He installed it on the screen for me, and it seems alright to me.

PS....I've never operated the phone without the protector either.
    11-12-09 10:43 PM
    Hey guys my Storm 2 is on its way from the USA to Canada. I was wondering has anyone used a screen protector or either an S1 or S2 and does it ruin the feel or cause any probs when typing. Also can anyone recommend a good brand of protector or should I just forget it.

I used a screen protector on my S1 and now my S2. No problems with either.
    11-12-09 10:56 PM
    I didn't like the ones available at vzw so I went to Apple and picked up a 2 pack of matte screen protectors for the iphone. They are the same width, you just have to cut the length down to size. Fits and works great. Now to make on that covers the bottom buttons...

11-12-09 11:07 PM
    I got an invisible shield today for mine at Best Buy.The shield covers all sections of the Storm2 and then a thin blue silicon skin just so the phone wont slide around in the car or on surfaces . If I need to dress it up just take the silicon skin off and its still protected.
    11-12-09 11:12 PM
    I use a screen protector and it does not negatively affect my typing/touching.
    11-12-09 11:14 PM
    I'm waiting on my commuter case its suppose to come with a screen protector.
    11-12-09 11:26 PM
    Installed a phantonskinz screen protector in my s2. Doesn't affect my use of the device at all. Knowing I will never have a permanent eye sore on my screen was well worth the $7. I also keep it inside a silicon skin to prevent dings, help cushion possible drops, and help keep it from falling out of my pocket anytime soon...who says being a little grippy is bad?

11-13-09 12:30 AM
    can anyone recommend a good smudge/fingerprint proof screen protector just for the screen? (textured is fine)
    11-13-09 01:37 AM
    So the jury says "depends in how much you trust yourself with your phone" regarding a screen protector. I just love the feel of the screen the manufacturer intended it to feel like and look like. But if you want the peace of mind the get a screen protector. The ones they sell at the apple store the antiglare ones are very good just have to stencil where the curve is for the bottom end of the screen to cover the keys.

11-13-09 06:20 AM
    I use the screen protector that came with my Otter Box commuter case. Better than the one you can buy from Verizon. Otter Box protector covers the entire screen, including buttons and curves off at the bottom. Verizon protector only covers screen, not buttons. I keep my in the Otter Box case all the time, commuter series slim, not a problem with bulk at all.
    11-13-09 06:20 AM
    I have it. I love it, I mean, it causes no problems.
    11-13-09 06:33 AM
    Mine came with a screen protector on it. If you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't know. As sexy as I think my phone is, I do accoassionally get the dropsies. I'm a "case" girl. Every phone in my house; husband, kids....gets a case. I have dropped previous blackberries on concrete and the case may have flown of the phone, but my phones always survives. Right now I have a hard silicone purple case, and it is fly as ****.
    11-13-09 06:34 AM
    Mine came with a screen protector on it. If you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't know. As sexy as I think my phone is, I do accoassionally get the dropsies. I'm a "case" girl. Every phone in my house; husband, kids....gets a case. I have dropped previous blackberries on concrete and the case may have flown of the phone, but my phones always survives. Right now I have a hard silicone purple case, and it is fly as ****.
    I have a screen protector and a hard silicone white case. Its awesome! The husband has a screen protector and he uses his tour case.

11-13-09 07:14 AM
    Does anyone have any preference? I am gonna get the S2 and had GA on my S1 until i got it replace by VZW and then they gave me a VZW one...

So what do you guys think?? GA vs IS??
    11-13-09 08:30 AM
    For those thinking about using PhantomSkinz, make sure that their "application tool" is wet as you squeeze the bubbles out. The instructions say nothing about it, but this is what their tech told me today after I'd scratched the film while installing it. (I'm even thinking about wrapping that damn card into some kind of fabric when redoing it tonight.) And, once the film as first placed on the screen, move it as little as possible to avoid clouding.
    11-13-09 05:01 PM
    I Like My Storm2 Naked
    11-13-09 05:46 PM
    For those thinking about using PhantomSkinz, make sure that their "application tool" is wet as you squeeze the bubbles out. The instructions say nothing about it, but this is what their tech told me today after I'd scratched the film while installing it. (I'm even thinking about wrapping that damn card into some kind of fabric when redoing it tonight.) And, once the film as first placed on the screen, move it as little as possible to avoid clouding.
    The second time, I used a credit card w/ a much smoother edge than the original "tool." Better, but the scratches are still visible. So, the bottom line, wrap the card in, say, a towel and use it to remove the bubbles. I don't have the patience for a third application, but, in retrospect, that's what I should have done.
    11-13-09 06:50 PM
    I have a fleet of Storms that I support at work and will confirm the need for both a screen protector AND a case. Every unit in our fleet has some kind of damage from being dropped and scratch(s) on the screen. There is no reason NOT to protect the unit so dont take a chance...

I use the chrome cover that Verizon sells and purchased the mirrored screen protector from "My Bat" (or something like that from an iPhone and cut it to fit so when the screen is off it looks like a mirror and comliments the chrome case.

Whatever theme of protection you use if fine, just make sure you have some type of protection in place.
    11-13-09 07:13 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD