Guys,

All the post I see are ot get eveyrthing onto the bb to watch. I want to take all my vids from my bb and convert them to a more pc friendly format like mp4, mpg, avi etc so I can manipualte and share them.

Once I get them converted, whats the best program to edit them in Windows Movie Maker sucks? Yes? Whats a good video editing program. I'd like something pro.

then I can take my masterpieces and share them
    09-18-08 08:29 PM
    why not you using QuickTime Player that accept the 3GPP format, etc..?
    09-19-08 08:53 PM
    why not you using QuickTime Player that accept the 3GPP format, etc..?

Is that the Quick Time Pro?
    09-20-08 07:47 PM
    Well I've been looking and I don't think anything even comes close to retaining the quality. There are some programs you can buy but the only free one doesn't do a very good job. I dunno

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 10:53 PM
    Is that the Quick Time Pro?
    Yeah, and regular O.T.PLYER too..
    09-21-08 12:11 AM
    I'm not sure what format the videos are encoded to on the blackberry, but I can bet its highly compressed.
    That's going to be your big hurdle.

Your output video will only be better quality if you start with a high quality input file. Input vids in uncompressed format are the best for input. But starting with a compressed lossy encoded video file and trying to upsample it will result in a horrible quality video.

The programs you use to encode/transcode videos with are front ends to the codecs installed on your pc. Depending on the desired results I can get the same output from both retail and freeware applications.
    Look up "Super video encoder", or Virtualdub.
    Then check out some of the products from Ulead video editing software.

Cheers
    09-21-08 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD