Okay, so I've had my BB for about 3 months and have recently been experiencing a new problem.

If i put my phone in the holster when its on normal, it will make a beep. It did not used to make this sound. Also, sometimes instead of beeping the phone will vibrate when put back in the holster and will switch the profile to vibrate or vice versa. This has lead to a few situations where i thought my phone was on vibrate, but it changed at some point and rang in inappropriate situations.

Note: I have not changed a setting telling my BB to change profiles when put in holster.

Also i notice sometimes the # button is pressed and shows up in the number dial view.

Please Help!
    10-23-09 02:33 AM
    All of my BB's have done this. The profile does not change, there are different settings for each profile for in holster and out. My normal profile settings are setup for audible notifications when out of the holster and to vibrate when in the holster.

It doesn't change the profile when you put it in the holster, it just uses the in holster settings of the current profile.
    Last edited by pbflash; 10-23-09 at 02:51 AM.
    10-23-09 02:46 AM
    Ok I'll be a bit more clear. Sometimes I'll have my phone on the Normal profile. I do have certain settings in normal that provide for a vibrating notification when in and out of the holster.

However this is different. Often times when I either put the phone back in the holster or take it out, the active profile changes from Normal to Vibrate and vice versa. This has only been happening for the last few weeks.
    10-23-09 03:14 AM
    I know that if you hold down the # (or Q) button it will change your profile to vibrate. Maybe sometimes when you put the phone in the holster the # button is being pressed long enough to activate the vibrate profile. As far as I know, there is no way to deactivate this feature, but I may be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 06:34 AM
    Yep... I'd guess you are depressing the # (Q) button when putting your Bold in the holster or the button has somehow become too sensitive. You mentioned seeing the # in your phone log... pretty good giveaway that's what's happening.
    10-23-09 07:42 AM
    Mine is doing this as well..changes profile when I stick it in the holster...but only sometimes...and I am not pressing Q
    05-04-10 02:38 PM
    what profile is it switching to... hold the "door" of the holster to the phone (back so u can see whats going on...) and u should see the phone "trying" to switch profiles... in most cases... the people are right... when u edit a profile there are a couple "holster" settings that can appear to change the profile....

the only way a bb changes a profile (if set up correctly) is on the charger....
    05-05-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD