Ok, guys so here is my dilemma, I have gone through two blackberry leather cases that attach to your belt in the last 2 months. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but they always get caught on something and snap off. Is there an easy way to avoid this?? or do I just need to start looking at getting another case and if so do you have any cases or something that is good for keeping my berry safe. Thanks and have a great 4th!!!
    07-03-08 09:52 PM
    Is it the OEM cases those are pretty crappy. I would recomend the otterbox case.
    07-03-08 09:54 PM
    I and many others have had the exact same problem. That's a big flaw in those cases. After it broke twice, I discarded the case and just out my BB in my pocket now. You could try the horizontal case instead of the vertical one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 10:02 PM
    Otter Box for sure.
    07-03-08 10:03 PM
    The otterbox, or the swiss army one that was on the CB homepage yesterday...just not in PINK......
    07-03-08 10:05 PM
    I wear scrubs to work, and have my Curve in a holster inside my pocket, with the clip on the outside of my pants. I have also broken an OEM holster, so I got an Otterbox and I love it. It actually seems like it has a "lower profile" than the OEM holsters so it doesn't get caught as much. I love it.
    07-03-08 10:08 PM
    I have all the cases, and I mean all, including the otterbox. The OEM leather swivel case is not built for rugged activity. The otterbox is. But I find the otterbox a bit bulky. Right now I mainly use the Seidio rubberized hard case with holster. That works for me. The device looks neat in the holster, I know its protected and the holster is well built with a swivel as well. If you don't feel like putting it in the holster, you can always put the rubberized hard case (very slim fitting let me say) in your pocket. You can't go wrong with Seidio.
    07-03-08 10:10 PM
    What size belt are you wearing? The otterbox is ideal as long as your belt isn"t over 2" wide. I use the otterbox case but have to use an after market holster due to my belt being 2 1/4" wide.
    07-03-08 10:11 PM
    Did that a lot also, mostly on the seatbelt.
    Since switching to the Speck clear case
    not a single problem. I don't think they make
    a case for your model, but maybe Seidio does.
    07-03-08 10:11 PM
    I have used Sena cases for all of my Blackberry models and found it to be very durable and the quality is unmatched by any other case, they are a little more expensive but you pay for quality, I also have a Vaja case that I use for going out, looks awesome and it slides in and out of pocket nicely.
    07-03-08 10:21 PM
    After talking to several people I finally decided on the Seidio rubberized case and holster set. Its actually in transit via USPS as we speak. They are a little expensive but it would be more expensive replacing my Berry. I already have the standard Seidio rubberized holster and love it but I just want a little more protection.

07-03-08 10:29 PM
    I just got my seidio case yesterday and think it is definatly worth the money! I didn't get a holster..I think I will end up gettin one sometime tho.

07-04-08 10:06 AM
    Can you remove the clip and carry the otter box in your pocket? I have large pockets on the cargo pants I always wear and hate things on my belt. Thanks.
    07-05-08 08:44 PM
    After talking to several people I finally decided on the Seidio rubberized case and holster set. Its actually in transit via USPS as we speak. They are a little expensive but it would be more expensive replacing my Berry. I already have the standard Seidio rubberized holster and love it but I just want a little more protection.

I had this case on my iPhone. You made a very good choice, because I dropped my iPhone numerous times with it and it didn't leave one scratch on it. Im thinking about buying one for my Curve, but I dont want to spend that much money on it, since I want a nice bluetooth headset.
    07-05-08 09:02 PM
    Hey guys, are those rubber OEM cases any good? You konw the ones that comes in all those different colors for like 9.99.
    07-05-08 09:03 PM
    Otterbox all the way baby!
    07-05-08 09:09 PM
    Yes, you can take the holster off the Otterbox and carry it in your pocket. The clip is attached to the holster, and the holster is a separate piece. Its a good system.
    07-05-08 09:59 PM
    Rather than bag on OEM cases....I surmise whatever you hang there will have the same issue.........see where it is rubbing and adjust where you wear the BB...if you move the BB and the case the rub will go away = problem solved
    07-05-08 10:00 PM
    get a lanyard that attaches to your belt so if it pops off, it'll at least dangle.

or stop using a belt holster.
    07-05-08 10:01 PM
    Lately I have been getting my cases from Fortte. I love the fact that they offer colorssssssss!! A lot of men here seem to push Otterbox like its the case of cases. Sorry, but that truck driver looking case doesnt work for me. I'm a woman that has to have her flair.
    07-05-08 10:09 PM
    get a lanyard that attaches to your belt so if it pops off, it'll at least dangle.

or stop using a belt holster.
    As a flyfisherman......you learn to fasten EVERYTHING you wanna keep.......a piece of flyline makes a great lanyard........and colorful
    07-05-08 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD