Does anyone know the specs or how to fit a sleeper magnet in a case? I have a case for my Bold that I like, and it has a magnet in he flap, but it isn't powerful enough or located in the right place to put the Bold to sleep. I've tried moving the Bold around the case to see if I could get it to sleep (since I can put the bold on top of the "official" BB case and get it to go to sleep), but that doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? Different magnet? Better magnet? Some other trick? I'd like to be able to use this case.
    06-25-11 05:57 PM
    What case is it.

I use a 9000 bold case with my 9650 in an Otterbox case, and I have to put it in face in to trigger the magnet on the holster. Face out works, but not truly all the time....
    06-25-11 06:17 PM
    I once took took the magnet out of an oe BB sleave and fitted it in an aftermarket one. To be honest it worked fine but I ended up wanting to use the oe sleave again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 07:27 AM
    What case is it.

I use a 9000 bold case with my 9650 in an Otterbox case, and I have to put it in face in to trigger the magnet on the holster. Face out works, but not truly all the time....
    It is just a case that I bought for another phone (I found it while I was sorting through random phone accessories that I was clearing out). I like it because in addition to having a spring clip, it also has a snap fitting that you can wrap around a belt which really secures it.

I once took took the magnet out of an oe BB sleave and fitted it in an aftermarket one. To be honest it worked fine but I ended up wanting to use the oe sleave again!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

That's the problem, I use a different case at work than when I'm out and about, as when I'm at work I frequently have to crawl around and under things, so I like a case that is a little more secure. I want to keeo the OEM case for going out and about.

Maybe the answer is to see if I can find a cheap case and pirate the magnet from it.
    06-30-11 10:04 AM
    OK I found the solution. The sleeper magnet will work if the Bold is facing out and pushed up to one end of the case (this took some figuring out, as I had to squeeze the case in such a way that I could see the light from the screen). I got a small piece of closed cell foam and glued it into one end of the case which forces the Bold into the correct position.
    07-03-11 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD