The battery doesn't regulate the current, only the voltage. The pod seems to be defective.
    01-27-09 06:26 AM
    Damn those pods!
    01-27-09 08:39 AM
    The battery doesn't regulate the current, only the voltage. The pod seems to be defective.
    Really?

"Lithium ion batteries with a lithium iron phosphate cathode and graphite anode have a nominal open-circuit voltage of 3.2 V and a typical charging voltage of 3.6 V. Lithium nickel manganese cobalt (NMC) oxide cathode with graphite anodes have a 3.7 V nominal voltage with a 4.2 V max charge. The charging procedure is done at constant voltage with current limiting circuitry. This means charging with constant current until a voltage of 4.2 V is reached by the cell and continuing with a constant voltage applied until the current drops close to zero. Typically the charge is terminated at 7% of the initial charge current. In the past, lithium-ion batteries could not be fast-charged and typically needed at least two hours to fully charge. Current generation cells can be fully charged in 45 minutes or less; some Lithium-Ion variants can reach 90% in as little as 10 minutes.[26]"

Here's the entire article, I would suggest everyone read the entire wiki and make their own decisions.

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-27-09 09:07 AM
    u used to get 2 whole days without charging?..wtf...i couldnt even get that with my 8700. lol...
    01-27-09 10:08 AM
    Ok guys here is an update, I did a battery pull and everything is back to normal, I'm using
    My pods connected to the power cord now and not the usb cable.

Battery life is totally fine, I suspect I had a runaway process stuck running draining the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 03:39 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD