Do you think one of the buttons are being pushed while it's in the case? Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
    12-29-08 08:36 AM
    it is possiable the buttons are being pressed and the display is staying on. what type of case are you using? a good case if you are looking for one is the one for the BB 88xx. the storm fits and and goes into standby because of the magnet saving battery life. I have mine in one and can get about 2 1/2 - 3 days (3days is pushing it) out of my storm.
    12-29-08 08:46 AM
    I was having the exact same problem. what i ended up doing was purchasing a case that would put the phone to sleep while inserted problem solved.
    12-29-08 08:47 AM
    What OS are you running? Clicking the screen used to light it up and that's pretty common in a holster. .83 and .85 took that away and you physically have to push the hard buttons to light it up. I would do that if you haven't already, change your backlight timeout, and lock the phone before you put it into the holster. See if that works.
    12-29-08 08:51 AM
    I'm using the Pouch with Swivel Clip and Sleep Mode. I guess it must not be putting it to sleep? Is there anyway I can check?
    12-29-08 09:04 AM
    I am having similar issues. Its happened to me maybe 5 time now. Twice in the pod, battery got discharged and a few times in the holster. Try kiLling all the apps before you put it away in app switcher.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD