I got a charger and an extra battery for my 8520.

I am expecting a second one (charger and battery) in the mail.
    The one in the mail should arrive in like a month because I purchased it on eBay from a Hong Kong dude.

I was so fed up with the battery being dead after a day of use that I purchased one in the store where I got my BB because it still will be like 3 weeks until the eBay purchase arrives.

Question : how is it possible that the dude, in Hong Kong sells it for $8.95 with free shipping? I paid in the local store for more or less the same thing like 87 Euro => which is about $128!!!

I know taxes and import duties will make the items more expensive, but I cannot understand where this huge price difference comes from.

Can someone explain? Is the eBay battery going to be crap?
    09-23-09 12:08 AM
    They charge these prices because people pay them. End of story.
    09-23-09 12:27 AM
    The reason for it is the OEM one is you are paying mainly for the name being on the item. The ebay battery may not be crap, it actually depending on the seller, it is usually somewhat of equivalence, however under certain situations the battery tends to not last as long (in terms of # of recharges) but while it works, it usually out performs the local Blackberry branded batteries in my experience.
    09-23-09 12:29 AM
    I have seen these marked up substantially by around 20-40% depending on the model of the Blackberry battery
    09-23-09 12:30 AM
    Some knock off oem batteries have been known to have poorer performance. By that same token, some are roughly the same.

Stores charge a ridiculous markup though, one of the worst possible places to buy accessories.
    09-23-09 01:08 AM

Stores charge a ridiculous markup though, one of the worst possible places to buy accessories.
    Yeah, I guess so, kinda off topic but now I know why the owner of the store drives an Audi Q7, huge markups helped paying for it I guess.

Audi of America > 2010 Audi Q7
    09-23-09 02:32 AM
    I have seen these marked up substantially by around 20-40% depending on the model of the Blackberry battery
    I would have ordered it at the CB store, but shipping and possible import taxes would have made it around the same price I paid for it in my local store
    Sometimes living overseas sucks...
    09-23-09 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD