I just installed OS 5 for the first time and I also opened my bold up the first time ever and installed a new trackball. Both went without hitches so firstly just want to say thanks for all the help thats out there on crackberry!

Now, one thing I have noticed on os 5 is that my wallpaper (which is a photo of mine) hasnt copied across to the background of my menu screen and folder screens etc. Instead it is just blank (white) which makes it hard to read anything. I am guessing this is theme related but never had this issue on os 4.6 etc. Can this be fixed?

Thanks
    03-29-10 01:10 AM
    4.6 themes are not compatible with 5.0 themes.

Load theme: Precision (Carrier or stock)
    Apply your wallpaper

upon each reboot you now must:
    load precision, then load your normal theme.

backgrounds should be applied to both home and idle screen
    03-29-10 03:31 AM
    Reset the e theme settings and the author's wallpaper will be on the background instead of the white screen.
    03-29-10 07:59 AM
    Reset the e theme settings and the author's wallpaper will be on the background instead of the white screen.
    or go to menu and click on menu options ( Home screen preferences ) and click on layout and go from "zen" to "today" and back to "zen" and the wallpaper will be whatever the wallpaper was at the time you had on the home screen when you click on menu. Then, if you want, you can change the wallpaper and have two different wallpapers between the home screen and menu. I thought that was pretty cool even though it was unintentional.
    03-29-10 08:26 AM
    I didn't think that wallpaper survived a battery pull.
    03-29-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD