Hey guys and gals.

Got my 9930 yesterday, and was off work. Today I'm back to work, and using the OEM holster.

I noticed that almost after every time I take phone out of holster and read whatever came in, and I hit the back button once, I get the switch application/running applications icon grid.

I have figured out after some alt+right shift+delete re-boots, that if I just hit the alt button and then back, it gets rid of it until I re-holster and remove for something else. Anyone else with this issue? Running factory OS out of box from VZ-Dub.

-------------------------------

On another note, I'm not sure i'm a fan of this new design holster. As of right now, I prefer the type that came with the 9650. Thoughts/feelings?
    08-28-11 01:13 PM
    Happens to me intermittently...
    08-28-11 01:25 PM
    9930 seems to be have issues when waking from the holster. I use the top lock button before holstering but find the phone being activated by i think the volume buttons when i pull it. Seems like it should do nothing until you hit the answer key or unlock key. It might be it is top-button unlocking on the holster-pull but there is some usability voodoo going on. I think it just wakes on the holster pull...seems like it should stay locked.

There is another odd behavior where it sometime IS locked but doesn't display the "screen is locked" message

Make sure you turn auto-answer off - the first two days i was hanging up on almost every call.
    08-28-11 04:32 PM
    It was happening to me intermittently, until I started locking the screen every time I put it into my holster. It hasn't happened since. Interestingly, after I pull it out of the holster it is always unlocked without me hitting the unlock button.
    08-28-11 05:13 PM
    This has happened to me several times, and the first day it happened I was freaking out, thinking there was something wrong with my BB.

And yea, to get outta that mode, I just hit left Alt and then the back button and it's good.

My solution to this has been taking the phone out carefully and slowly, by making sure the little holster tab doesn't hit any of the buttons on its way out of the case. So far, it's worked.
    08-28-11 05:27 PM
    I have the same issue and it is very annoying. I complainted about it to sprint executive customer care already. I didn't realize what caused it till you pointed out the holster, I use it all day at work.

Looks like a software issue, hopefully an update will fix it
    08-28-11 05:44 PM
    Happening to me too. Seems to alternate each time I unholster it. Weird.
    08-29-11 02:16 PM
    To follow up, it seems that if you unlock it and lock it again, the issue disappears. I've heard that the magnet for holster locking is behind the back button. Maybe this has something to do with it? Hope this little bug is fixed soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 02:29 PM
    This happens to me also, very annoying! Must be a software glitch.
    08-30-11 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD