Well today I made the change over to the leaked 428 OS and I have found it to be more responsive and so far I like the extra features it provided. But while I was putting it to the test, I have found that it will no longer play my AVI movie files. The other files I have play just fine. I have two of them on there that I have watched several times before so I know they worked prior to the conversion to the new OS.

Has anyone else found this problem? I even tried Handbreak to convert them into MP4 files but no luck.
    01-22-10 11:45 PM
    Yes, it is a problem with the 428 OS. I can play mp4s fine though.
    01-23-10 12:19 AM
    How about this device media processor busy message. Its annoying. Something is triggering. I think every time I try to view a movie trailer online (from Poynt) it triggers this problem over again. I reset the device and it works again. But it shows the error again when I view the trailer and does not go away again until I reset the device. So there is a trigger to a bug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 08:23 AM
    How about this device media processor busy message. Its annoying. Something is triggering. I think every time I try to view a movie trailer online (from Poynt) it triggers this problem over again. I reset the device and it works again. But it shows the error again when I view the trailer and does not go away again until I reset the device. So there is a trigger to a bug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you try and stream/play a non-supported video file, OS5 will botch the media process, even to the point where notifications/ringers don't work anymore until a reboot happens. The S1 is the same way under OS5.
    01-23-10 01:37 PM
    The sad thing is that these streams are of supported format. They are mp4 files that work fine after saving down and a battery reset. I have researched his with the search engine and it has been happening long before OS5. Something corrupts the media player.
    01-23-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD