Curious to know whos purchased it. I've been thinking bout it since its only 4.99...Meanwhile... I know some of my photos arent PERFECTLY sized for the screen. Would that affect it at all?

Ringing in at just $4.95, both Visual Arts and Wallpaper Shuffle allow for your BlackBerry Storm to automatically and randomly change the wallpaper on your device homescreen. An awesome idea! It would be even awesomer if this was doable on all BlackBerry devices, but it seems this capability is currently only available to developers in the Storm's API. As you can tell from the image above, I installed Wallpaper Shuffle yesterday and have been liking it.

As for getting a ton of wallpapers on your BlackBerry Storm, look no further than our BlackBerry Wallpaper Maker and user-contributed Wallpaper Gallery. For the wallpaper maker, just upload your photo from your computer, select your device, and the wallpaper will be emailed to you for easy installation. From there, you are given the option to also add your newly created wallpaper to our gallery if you so choose. It's simple, and it's free!

Ringing in at just $4.95, both Visual Arts and Wallpaper Shuffle allow for your BlackBerry Storm to automatically and randomly change the wallpaper on your device homescreen. An awesome idea! It would be even awesomer if this was doable on all BlackBerry devices, but it seems this capability is currently only available to developers in the Storm's API. As you can tell from the image above, I installed Wallpaper Shuffle yesterday and have been liking it.

As for getting a ton of wallpapers on your BlackBerry Storm, look no further than our BlackBerry Wallpaper Maker and user-contributed Wallpaper Gallery. For the wallpaper maker, just upload your photo from your computer, select your device, and the wallpaper will be emailed to you for easy installation. From there, you are given the option to also add your newly created wallpaper to our gallery if you so choose. It's simple, and it's free!

Visual Arts
    : VisualArts - Auto change wallpaper on the Storm - Entertainment BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    Wallpaper Shuffle: WallpaperShuffle - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    Last edited by ClassaN0va; 12-12-08 at 09:56 AM.
    12-12-08 09:54 AM
    Curious to know whos purchased it. I've been thinking bout it since its only 4.99...Meanwhile... I know some of my photos arent PERFECTLY sized for the screen. Would that affect it at all?
    When you make a wallpaper with the maker on CB it does resize them to the proper format. I just did it with a couple of my chopper pics and it worked well....I am tinking of loading up a few more and then getting this.
    12-12-08 09:59 AM
    Can you link ,e to the maker?
    12-12-08 10:08 AM
    Can you link ,e to the maker?

http://wallpapers.crackberry.com/wallpaper/maker

This thing rocks...emails you the formatted pic.
    12-12-08 10:09 AM
    Thanks a lot. Wondering if anybody else will use.

Also.. how often does it change the image for you?
    12-12-08 10:19 AM
    Personally I think it is a waste as the wallpapers only show when it is in portrait mode...
    12-12-08 10:42 AM
    I bought this and works great. It can change as often as you like. From 10 15 30 45 and 1 2 5 10 15 30 45 minutes. Also 1 2 3 4 5 6 hours. You can also set it up to change it whenever the LCd comes on. You can program it also to change to a picture depending on how much battery life you have. For instance it will change to a lower power draining picture when it gets short on power. Hope it helps. It's definitely nice to see a new wallpaper more frequently without going through all the trouble of doing it yourself.

Noticed we were talking about different program. Well i was anyway. I am using visual arts from toysoft.
    Last edited by manny99; 12-12-08 at 10:50 AM. Reason: mistake
    12-12-08 10:47 AM
    I bought the VA wallpaper changer and it has been nothing but trouble.

First off, I disabled compatibility mode (actually just checked that it wasn't enabled) and then I did a soft reset after installation. Then it continued to change wallpapers at my set interval but only load them partially like the included photograph:

I contacted ToySoft directly and they instructed me to do a clean uninstall/install with reboots, blah blah blah. I made sure i repeated the correct process and as you can see, as of 5 minutes ago, it's still not working correctly.

SECOND. It will not uninstall! It's not listed in my applications and it's not anywhere on the handset to be found, but my wallpaper is still changing to these partial images.

Anyone have any ideas! I'm so frustrated.

ToySoft Simply told me to ask for a refund from my purchaser so i filed with Crackberry, but as this was my first purchase, i don't know how long it'll take to get that $5 back.

Still. How do i get it to stop!?!?!?

***EDIT

THIRD. IT WILL NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!!!! you can open it and select close and then it is still running in the background. It is not listed in the applications. This is ridiculous!
    Last edited by Naman919; 12-13-08 at 04:09 PM.
    12-13-08 04:01 PM
    I had the same problem with VA Wallpaper with it loading the images 1/2 or what not. It was fine for a bit but then started to do that.
    I went ahead and deleted it out of applications directory and noticed it was still on my device (application changer). I then noticed it was still in my application folder with the rest of my apps. I tried to make sure that I deleted it again under options but was not listed. I then just deleted it in the applications folder and it was gone. Did not show back up in my application switcher at all.
    I decided a couple days later to try it again and installed it again and so far have not had any issues with it loading 1/2 pictures at all.
    I would like to try the other one but it does not offer a trial so I did not want to pay for it at all. Oh well we will see what I end up deciding to do in the end.
    12-14-08 02:38 AM
    I downloaded both ("the bundle") VA and the Wallpaper Shuffle - and it worked great for a about a week, and now it doesn't work at all. In fact, if I just want to select ONE wallpaper to set as background, it does so for about 10 minutes and then goes back to the default red check mark from Verizon.

Anyone know what might be going on with mine?
    12-29-08 10:00 PM
    I bought the VA wallpaper changer and it has been nothing but trouble.

First off, I disabled compatibility mode (actually just checked that it wasn't enabled) and then I did a soft reset after installation. Then it continued to change wallpapers at my set interval but only load them partially like the included photograph:

I contacted ToySoft directly and they instructed me to do a clean uninstall/install with reboots, blah blah blah. I made sure i repeated the correct process and as you can see, as of 5 minutes ago, it's still not working correctly.

SECOND. It will not uninstall! It's not listed in my applications and it's not anywhere on the handset to be found, but my wallpaper is still changing to these partial images.

Anyone have any ideas! I'm so frustrated.

ToySoft Simply told me to ask for a refund from my purchaser so i filed with Crackberry, but as this was my first purchase, i don't know how long it'll take to get that $5 back.

Still. How do i get it to stop!?!?!?

***EDIT

THIRD. IT WILL NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!!!! you can open it and select close and then it is still running in the background. It is not listed in the applications. This is ridiculous!
    Some of my pictures show this way, but very few. I wish that it would show them in landscape mode, but I plan on buying a holder so that I can sit it up on my desk and watch it all day. Guess I will need a charger too, but all in all I think that the application is very cool. I am normally very, very cheap and don't buy applications for the phone, but I am willing to pay the $5 even with some of the flaws.
    02-13-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD