Is there any way possible to disable my 8330 Curve from shutting-off or going into standby when placing it in a holster equipped with a magnet? I just got a Speck holster for my Curve yesterday and don't like the fact the phone is completely disabled when in the holster (I didn't even know that it did this until I received my holster)! If I'm wearing the holster on my belt, it's not too difficult to just pull the phone from the holster to answer a call. But, if I have the phone in the holster and the phone/holster are lying on my desk or the coffee table and I get a call, I don't like the fact that I can't just pick-up the phone/holster as a unit and answer the call without taking the phone from the holster, or just push the END key to silence the ringing with the phone still in the holster - no buttons work at all like that! I'd rather the phone just stayed on in the holster (in other words, I want the phone to work while in the holster instead of being off or in standby)!

Is is possible to do anything about this?

Thanks,

Dennis
    09-05-09 04:40 PM
    Take the magnet out of the holster.
    09-05-09 04:42 PM
    the phone locks and "changes" profiles while in the holster, it is not going into standby mode or shutting down. If you dont like the ringtones or notification settings, you can always change them. While out of the holster, my curve makes no sounds whatsoever (so when Im sleeping) and the opposite while in the holster, alot faster than changing profiles imo
    09-05-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD