I finally got around to applying a Best Skin Ever to my BlackBerry Curve 8330 today. I actually got the skin before the device itself, in the mail, but didn't have time to leave my phone off for 24 hours 'til now. Anyway, I just wanted to let anyone who was squeamish at the thought of water + their BlackBerry know that it's really not that hard to apply the BSE.

In the past I've applied a few screen protectors to a myriad of devices, and have always botched them up quite a bit, but the BSE went on perfectly for me. Initially I was freaked out by putting something wet near my phone, but when you see just how li'l water is on the skin to apply it, you feel a lot less worried.

The one rule of thumb is to keep your fingers moistened in the water/soap solution at all times, otherwise you'll make horrid fingerprints all over the skin. Its not the end of the world, as a second dip in the solution will remove the fingerprints, it just gets annoying is all. And don't get the skin or your fingers sopping wet, just a thin film of the stuff'll do.

Anyway, the point of this post is two-fold.

1) Let people know it's really not all that hard, even a complete klutz like myself can do it.

2) Show the BSE on a TELUS-branded 8330, as I've just never seen any pictures of one. So without further ado...

You can see the whole set o' photos here.

(P.S. I forgot to mention, I followed the instructions posted by TheSultan on these very forums. Thanks for the great guide!)
    Last edited by NobleArc; 09-28-08 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to thank TheSultan!
    09-28-08 06:56 PM
    Wow, you cant even tell it's there....
    Looks like i have to pick this up now
    09-28-08 08:42 PM
    Definitely--it's nearly invisible. Only way you can tell it's there is by picking it up, and then it's actually kind of nice, as you get a better grip on the device. I always felt like I was going to drop my Curve before.
    09-28-08 09:04 PM
    i have the BSE screen protector and i love it. it was very easy to put on and is nearly unnoticeable (except the very edges, which actually wrap around the face slightly).
    my only complaint is that there appears to be a smudge or something right near the middle of my screen. it may be from dirt that i didn't get off the screen, or maybe from my fingers. so far it's not too bad. i guess that's why they give you two. so i can try again if i need to.

-randy
    09-28-08 09:33 PM
    Yes BSE are nice. Went to my niece cheerleading performance and went to grab the bb on the case and it slipped out my hands hit the deck the battery fell and case came off put all back together and checked it over no scratchs at all on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD