In case anyone is considering purchasing the new Apple in-ear headphones for the iPhone to use with their blackberry, let me share my experience. Yes, at $80, they are a little pricey, but compared to other in-ear headphones on the market, they are reasonable.

I recently purchased them to use with my Verizon Pearl and they work fantastic, just like the BB headphones, but with better sound and fit. Far superior then the previous in-ear apple earphones as far as sound goes, and the added features work well.

The microphone works perfectly, and the call answering button works as well. It can also be used to activate voice-dialing, just like the BB headphones. The volume control does not work.

Listening to music, the headphones solved a problem I had. With the recent software update, I no longer could put the phone in standby and still listen to music. Putting it in standby paused the media player, which was a major inconvenience, the previous version did not have. With the new headphones, putting the phone in standby still pauses the music, but clicking the "play" button on the remote starts the music again, while leaving the phone in standby so my buttons do not accidentally get pushed.

They work so well I've upgraded my 2 gig memory card to an 8, and have all but abandoned my ipods.

Hope this info helps others....
    01-12-09 03:51 PM
    I think you read my mind. I was going to post today to see if anyone had tried these headphones yet. Good to hear the most of the controls work. I will definetly be picking these up in the future because I have heard good things about the sound especially for the price.
    01-13-09 10:18 AM
    hey does the forward and back track buttons work? is it only the volume controls that don't work? thanks
    01-12-10 02:29 PM
    hey does the forward and back track buttons work? is it only the volume controls that don't work? thanks
    Yep, they work great. I'd highly recommend the Apple In-Ears. They sound incredible and are really comfortable. Plus, it's hard to ignore the fact that they're dual driver IEMs for $79 which I believe is the cheapest available.
    01-12-10 06:32 PM
    Yep, they work great. I'd highly recommend the Apple In-Ears. They sound incredible and are really comfortable. Plus, it's hard to ignore the fact that they're dual driver IEMs for $79 which I believe is the cheapest available.
    I had the expensive apple ear phones before i sold my ipod and the forward and back button didnt work, also the volume aswell, and the same goes for the cheaper apple earphones with the remote, only pause and play and answer calls, that was it, am i missing something? i have OS 5.0 0n a curve 8520, any ideas?
    02-22-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD