I was just curious, but is this app really data intensive? It appears that streaming the music takes a while, and I'm assuming the files are large. Do you think this is going to drain our data?
    08-26-11 12:21 PM
    You can store the music files on sd-card! So you have to download each file once!

50*5=250 MB for start

With 10 friends switching every month 10 songs!

10*10*5=500MB

So I would say: YES, its data intensive! But as most data would go through BIS/WLAN, just few people would need new data plans! Here in Austria BIS is always without limit! Son't know how other providers handle it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-27-11 02:29 PM
    But it's only data intensive if you stream/cache the songs, right? If you just browse through it without actually listening to all your friends, it's not using data, right?
    08-28-11 06:12 AM
    I was also wondering if anyone's noticed if BB Music is eating away at their storage capacity. I thought cached songs went on the SD card. Is there a way that BB Music is actually encroaching on your on device memory?
    08-28-11 10:21 AM
    But it's only data intensive if you stream/cache the
    songs, right? If you just browse through it without
    actually listening to all your friends, it's not using data,
    right?

if you browse it is downloading the lists of songs available and thumbnails etc. Of course in terms of data that is no different then browsing crackberry on your phone.

If you are worried about data just wait to download them when you get to a wifi network.
    laurah2215 likes this.
    08-28-11 12:32 PM
    Everything streaming is data intensive. The question here is: Can you use it over WiFi with the carrier network disabled for the caching?
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-28-11 12:47 PM
    Thanks. That's what I figured. I assumed the worst would be actually listening to the songs, but I knew browsing the app would also use some data.
    08-28-11 04:06 PM
    You can store the music files on sd-card! So you have to download each file once!

50*5=250 MB for start

With 10 friends switching every month 10 songs!

10*10*5=500MB

So I would say: YES, its data intensive! But as most data would go through BIS/WLAN, just few people would need new data plans! Here in Austria BIS is always without limit! Son't know how other providers handle it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey what is the best provider for Austria? I might be moving there in the new year and would like a plan with unlimited data. Wouldn't mind a contract if necessary.
    09-23-11 09:23 PM
    Thanks. That's what I figured. I assumed the worst would be actually listening to the songs, but I knew browsing the app would also use some data.
    have you bothered to check the options?

you can change between built in storage and SD card
    09-25-11 09:25 PM
    Everything streaming is data intensive. The question here is: Can you use it over WiFi with the carrier network disabled for the caching?
    wifi works
    09-25-11 09:25 PM
    Maybe a stupid question... but where on the SD Card do the files save? I'm guessing they don't all download onto your SD Card... I have over 1000 songs and my SD Card would be full by now if all the songs were on it (along with the 2000 I have of my own media)... am I missing something obvious?
    09-28-11 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD