If so how do you like it? I was thinking about ordering the case and belt clip.

CASE MATE LEATHER CASE + HOLSTER for CURVE 8300 8310 - eBay (item 390029159962 end time Mar-07-09 12:56:09 PST)
    Last edited by _____; 02-10-09 at 04:26 PM.
    02-10-09 04:23 PM
    I have one for my curve 8310 and have really liked it. Its sturdy and well designed.

Bill
    02-10-09 04:38 PM
    Thanks Bill. Im kinda torn between that case and the body glove one.

If the body glove case will put the phone in stand by I think I may go that route.

I can never make my mind up haha

Body Glove OEM BlackBerry Hard Snap On Case 8330 CURVE - eBay (item 400030149239 end time Mar-10-09 14:53:48 PDT)
    02-10-09 04:42 PM
    I have this exact case. I really like it. It came with a screen protector to stick to your screen. Seems to work ok.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it does not have device proximity on it so it will not put your device to sleep. But that doesn't matter to me.

I have dropped it a couple of times and it seemed to help from dinging my berry.

The clip is swivel and seems pretty sturdy.

That's my 2 cents.
    02-10-09 05:34 PM
    Thanks UP.

Do you notice a difference with that holster in battery life since it doesnt put it in stand by?

I dont see how that would make much of a difference but Im new to BB's so I just wanna make sure I get the most for my money
    02-11-09 02:52 PM
    I'm looking to get a case mate next week. I would like tha stand by option also, but i put my bb in stand by manually
    02-11-09 03:29 PM
    How do you do that?

The case mate I posted does it for you though.
    02-11-09 04:09 PM
    How do you do that?

The function I use the Mute key most for is to put the BlackBerry into Standby/Sleep mode. If you hold the mute key down for two seconds, the BlackBerry will power down into Standby mode. Once in standby mode, the only way to turn the BlackBerry back on is to either tap the Mute key again or hold down on the power key for three seconds. If you don't use a case with your BlackBerry, or use a case/skin that doesn't have a 'sleeper' magnet (that automatically puts your BlackBerry into Standby when inserted into the case) you will want to get in the habit of using this button. For one, using standby ensures no keys get accidentally depressed while your BlackBerry is in your pocket, purse, etc. and secondly, using Standby will extend the battery life on your BlackBerry. Your phone will still take calls/get messages and ring/vibrate/give LED notification of events, but otherwise it's functioning in a conserving power manner.

From the 101 lecture series
    02-11-09 04:26 PM
    I had it but it didn't protect the top of my phone if dropped. So I went with this We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com
    02-11-09 04:41 PM
    I had it but it didn't protect the top of my phone if dropped. So I went with this We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com
    I like to carry mine on my jeans pocket or jacket pocket.. How does the otter box do with that scenario?
    02-11-09 04:49 PM
    The case mate smart skin is really nice too. I have had one for my Bold now for a few months & really like it. Offers a nice level of protection including the keyboard & also comes with a screen protector.

Liked it so much that I just got one for my wife's 8220 in purple.
    02-11-09 04:53 PM
    i just hold in the button at the top on the left side.

How do you do that?

02-11-09 05:03 PM
    Thanks guys. I just ordered one of the body glove ones. I figured for $13 if I dont like it I could get the cae mate and sell the bg and not be out any money
    02-11-09 05:29 PM
    For what .02 will get you these days I love my case mate. I ordered it from an online retailer and then two days later I saw one on ebay for 20 bucks less, little upset, but when I received it I realized it was actually worth it to me, feels good in the hand.
    And it does sleep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 05:30 PM
    My experience with the body glove

I have bought this one twice. I dropped my phone and the case came apart and it wouldn't snap back together. so.... I bought another just to find that when I use the clip to attach it to my jeans it puts pressure on the phone and the case just snaps loose. Totally senseless!!! Otherwise I would like it if it would stay together.

Berryfun
    02-11-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD