I have a 8310 that is scratchless and clean in the titanium case - I like the red one a bit more so wanted to see where I would buy just the red case.

Is that an easy swap?

Or anyone here want to trade?

thanks
    rick
    07-14-08 01:38 PM
    Check out the website Cellular Accessories - Alcatel, Motorola, BenQ-Siemens, 3G, Dopod/O2, Microsoft, Samsung, NEC, LG, Blac... and then get the housing you want for your 8310. Completely swapping out the housing may be kinda tricky, but there is a YouTube video for disassembly of the Curve

*EDIT* : Made the cnn.cn link to the direct part needed
    07-14-08 01:40 PM
    I swapped out my Gold housing for Red. Really easy!!!
    07-14-08 01:47 PM
    I swapped out my Gold housing for Red. Really easy!!!
    you should sell your gold housing

*wink*wink*
    07-14-08 01:48 PM
    We need a forum where people can put up parts they have up for swapping and ones they'd like to get in return.

Then people can PM each other and work out the details.
    07-14-08 02:12 PM
    We need a forum where people can put up parts they have up for swapping and ones they'd like to get in return.

Then people can PM each other and work out the details.
    that's a good idea
    07-14-08 02:13 PM
    I'm sure the site would have to have a disclaimer that they take no responsibility for transactions and such but it would work I think.

Mods?
    07-14-08 02:16 PM
    I am sure this would work out, since there is already the martketplace where users can sell actual devices. It would be the same basic concept!! I like cnn.cn, so I have no problem with getting the part I need right from them and not worrying about getting the wrong thing or faulty part!!

Either way, a swap section might be nice! Kinda hard to monitor and moderate tho... it could turn into chaos
    07-14-08 02:22 PM
    Does this void your warrenty? I really want to change mine to pink or even purple if possible.
    07-14-08 02:32 PM
    Technically it does void your warranty. I have even seen some of the refurbed Curves come with a piece of white tape over one of the screw holes. It's the kind of tape they use for price tags that will break very easily if you try and peel it off but it can be done.
    07-14-08 02:34 PM
    TO add about the trading forum. The Buy/Sell forum is actually a Buy/Sell/Trade forum. I didn't realize this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/
    07-14-08 02:40 PM
    Technically it does void your warranty. I have even seen some of the refurbed Curves come with a piece of white tape over one of the screw holes. It's the kind of tape they use for price tags that will break very easily if you try and peel it off but it can be done.

Thank you!
    07-14-08 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD