where and what did you purchase? Since battery life ain't that great on Tour, Im def. gonna have to purchase car charger.

I read somewhere that the main reason why they switched to micro USB is so they can sell more accessories since most people have the mini USB accessories already.

I've also read people recommend not to buy those cheap car chargers off ebay but I bought a cheap car charger from ebay for like $5 for my 8830 and never had issues so I'll most likely go the same route, where ever is cheapest.

where did you guys purchase and for how much?
    07-19-09 05:14 PM
    micro usb is supposed to be turned into the new standard for "ALL" phones..

I bought a car charger for the storm.. so I am using it.. with the tour
    07-19-09 05:17 PM
    I picked up both a genuine blackberry folding charger and a genuine car charger.. I find the cheaper chargers don't charge as fast, and also don't trickle charge the phone after its fully charged. I paid $29 each canadian for them..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 05:18 PM
    yeah just using the one that I had with my storm also.
    07-19-09 05:18 PM
    I got an adapter off Ebay for 99 cents. It attaches to the end of my 8330 car charger. Its been working fine for me.

07-19-09 05:19 PM
    I'm still waiting on iGo to come out with a car charger adapter for the Tour.
    07-19-09 05:26 PM
    I picked up a pair of OEM Moto chargers on Amazon for $7 each w/ shipping. They work great and look really cool. SPN5400 was the model # IIRC.

07-19-09 05:36 PM
    i actually have an iGO, you just need to get the A97 tip i think it is, since it does already have a micro USB tip, i love the iGO i use it wherever i go
    07-19-09 05:39 PM
    I have one from Verizon...was part of a bundle package I purchased.
    07-19-09 05:41 PM
    All you need is a micro usb car charger.
    07-19-09 05:42 PM
    micro usb is supposed to be turned into the new standard for "ALL" phones..

I bought a car charger for the storm.. so I am using it.. with the tour
    ditto..

that is one thing I gained from migrating from the Storm to the Tour.
    I got to keep/and use the chargers that came with the storm;

So now I have a extra set of home charger and USB cable.

Keeping on set at home and one at work
    07-19-09 05:46 PM
    Couldn't one get a cheap mini usb to micro usb adapter to use with existing mini usb power adapters (car or wall chargers)? (Instead of having even more unused cables lying around???)
    07-19-09 05:51 PM
    I'm using the one from my storm but havnt had to use it yet since the battery life is a heck of a lot better than the storm.

07-19-09 05:53 PM
    ditto..

that is one thing I gained from migrating from the Storm to the Tour.
    I got to keep/and use the chargers that came with the storm;

So now I have a extra set of home charger and USB cable.

Keeping on set at home and one at work

exactly one of the things I was thrilled about as well
    07-19-09 05:53 PM
    TJ Maxx $7.99

07-19-09 05:54 PM
    Couldn't one get a cheap mini usb to micro usb adapter to use with existing mini usb power adapters (car or wall chargers)? (Instead of having even more unused cables lying around???)
    Mini USB to Micro USB adapter solves BlackBerry charger incompatibility issues – $1.94 | Gear Diary
    07-19-09 05:55 PM
    where and what did you purchase? Since battery life ain't that great on Tour, Im def. gonna have to purchase car charger.
    I really don't see how you people say the battery will not get you through a day... unless you're on phone calls 5hrs + in a day or constant web for hours on end. I use a few hundred sms and a few hundred bbms daily and a few web sessions here and there for fb and ms messages. Then maybe 2 hrs max (if that) on calls. With that i run at more than 25% at the end of my day (around midnight-ish).

Maybe i just got lucky with my battery
    07-19-09 05:57 PM
    I bought a package deal on ebay....car charger and home charger (both with smart chip)..about $10 with free shipping if I remember correctly. Figured having an extra home charger would be nice to have. Both work very well.
    07-19-09 06:03 PM
    I got a BB one from Crackberry for $14.99. I had a non-OEM car charger for my Treo that was terrible--did not fit well into lighter and charged very, very slowly. I used the new one the other day, and it seems to work pretty fast.
    07-19-09 06:13 PM
    I got a BB one from Crackberry for $14.99. I had a non-OEM car charger for my Treo that was terrible--did not fit well into lighter and charged very, very slowly. I used the new one the other day, and it seems to work pretty fast.
    07-19-09 06:13 PM
    I just use my Motorola car charger with a Motorola mini USB to micro USB adapter (part # SKN6252). It's less than $10 on ebay.
    07-19-09 07:28 PM
    I bought a blackberry wall charger off ebay for 5 bucks, and a retractable cord cigarette adaptor for 2 cents plus 5 dollars shipping.
    07-19-09 07:53 PM
    i never use OEM chargers. i buy USB chargers that fit into cars and wall outlets along with mini, micro usb cables. this allows for greater versatility. and it's cheaper.
    07-19-09 07:56 PM
    I ordered a travel charger, car charger, and USB cable for $10 from CellPhoneShop. Of course I later discovered my bluetooth charger fits my Tour as well.

07-19-09 08:07 PM
    For now I'm just using the BB car charger. However, I was using a SmoothTalker set-up with my 8830 and I'm waiting for it to be available for the Tour. According to SmoothTalker, it should be available in another 3-4 weeks.

I just plug the charger/cradle into my lighter and it charges my phone while giving me a handy cradle for the phone. It charges using the external charging plates (not the USB), which I'm hoping will save wear and tear on the USB; I'm planning to use the USB only for syncing once I get the SmoothTalker and a desktop charging pod.

One of the best accessories I had for my 8830 and I'm looking forward to using it for my Tour. A little pricey, but worth it for me.
    07-19-09 09:29 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD