I can't seem to get my Tour to mount on my Mac at work. My Curve used to show up just fine. I also get this message when I connect the Tour (on the phone, that is) that says "USB power not sufficient to charge" or something.

I'm pretty sure I've got mass media storage turned on, so unless there's a software bug that hasn't been worked out, my phone should be showing up, right (it does appear in My Computer on my PC).
    07-24-09 07:39 AM
    Umm. If Mass Media Mode is turned in then it should pick it up.
    My Macbook Pro picked up mine instantly. Try a different USB slot.
    07-24-09 08:09 AM
    I hope you find your answer- as whole Berries and MACS do not play well together. ALthough I have rumblings of a Desktop Manager for MAC to be released this September.

WIth that said if a BB mounts a MAC, I wounder what the Macberry would look like and can you purchase one at McDonald's?
    07-24-09 08:15 AM
    make sure mass media mode is turned on
    07-24-09 08:36 AM
    I can't seem to get my Tour to mount on my Mac at work. My Curve used to show up just fine. I also get this message when I connect the Tour (on the phone, that is) that says "USB power not sufficient to charge" or something.

x2

I've been removing my micro sd card every time I want to transfer files from my Mac to my Tour. I'm afraid I'm going to wear out the battery door or card slot.
    07-24-09 08:51 AM
    x2

I've been removing my micro sd card every time I want to transfer files from my Mac to my Tour. I'm afraid I'm going to wear out the battery door or card slot.
    I would possibly ask for an exchange then. If you are SURE that Mass Media Mode is turned ON, and you plug your BlackBerry into your Mac's USB port, and it doesn't recognize it (and you are sure that the USB port works) then the problem is either with the phone or the card. If at all possible, I would try another MicroSDHC card and see if that works. Try to eliminate possible causes one by one.
    07-24-09 09:03 AM
    Same here, I'm using the same 16gb card that was in my curve and never had a problem with it. I put it in the tour and plug it in, and it gives me that message about current. Does the tour need more power than the curve? I used the same port I've been using for my curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:25 AM
    My Tour mounts on my Macbook Pro without issue. You could also transfer files via bluetooth if you take the time to figure that out... but its slower than using usb with Mass Media mode.
    07-24-09 09:28 AM
    I have a similar problem. The Tour mounts fine on my desktop Mac Pro, which happens to have The Missing Sync 2.02 installed on it.

My MacBook, however, does not have The Missing Sync installed on it and the Tour will not mount. I also get the insufficient USB power message regardless of whether or not the MacBook is plugged in to the AC adapter or which USB port I use.

I suspect somehow its a driver issue, but have not had a chance to install any software on the laptop. It'll take some time, though, for me to try since I only have one license for TMS 2.02 and it checks online when you attempt to install.
    07-24-09 09:37 AM
    My Macbook Pro does not have any kind of BlackBerry software installed on it and it works perfectly btw.

Also, this thought just popped into my mind, perhaps you need to plug into a USB 2.0 port since it has increased power from the standard USB port. That would be the only reason I can think of to get an insufficient USB power warning message.

From Wikipedia in the USB 2.0 Section:
    Battery Charging Specification 1.0: Released in March 2007.
    Adds support for dedicated chargers (power supplies with USB connectors), host chargers (USB hosts that can act as chargers) and the No Dead Battery provision which allows devices to temporarily draw 100 mA current after they have been attached. If a USB device is connected to dedicated charger, maximum current drawn by the device may be as high as 1.8A. (Note that this document is not distributed with USB 2.0 specification package.)

Once again this is just a speculation, not sure what Macbook's you guys own, or what the specifications are on those machines, but it's worth a look I suppose.
    07-24-09 09:45 AM
    I was having the same issue after I installed pocketmac. It didn't connect with my mac until I downloaded the new pocketmac driver. Now I have the icon on my desktop and can drag whatever files I want to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD