I am considering buying the following spare battery charger from the crackberry store:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=gz--SI1O

Can anyone provide a review? The ratings look good but would like to hear the pros and cons from an owner.

BTW, how does this charge both the phone and spare battery? I am guessing the spare battery charger is plugged into the wall and then you use an extra USB cable to go from the charger to the phone.
    03-09-09 08:57 AM
    I purchased a similar charger with 2 spare 8900 batteries from HK, except my charger plugs directly into a wall outlet. I'll review it when it arrives. The combo was only about $24.
    03-23-09 12:38 AM
    Have it but haven't used it yet.
    03-23-09 09:28 PM
    Report update on the 2 batteries + wall-plug charger from eBay: The batteries look exactly like the OEM battery, and they are made in China just like the OEM one.

I've been using one new battery for almost a week. The eBay batteries only charge to about 95-96%, but they work fine with expected life. My second battery discharged maybe 1-2% since charging it a week ago. I keep a spare battery (charged) in my backpack for emergencies. No problems at all with these batteries or charger.

The charger I got works fine. It has a big, soft red light that turns blue when the battery is fully charged. It also has a usb slot to act as a wall power source for usb devices. I can't see spending $25 for the "mini-charger" linked above, that also requires a usb power source to work, when you can get a wall-plug charger PLUS two decent spare batteries for less.
    03-29-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD