I've got a ton of wallpapers that I've added to my Storm. Most are on my SD card, but about a dozen are on the device memory. I can select and save any of the wallpapers from either the card or device memory, and save it as the homescreen wallpaper, but then when it goes to sleep (i.e. in 30 seconds) and then I wake it back up, it loses the wallpaper and defaults back to the Verizon Red Check! WTF?

Anyone know how to fix this?

I do have the Virtual Arts wallpaper shuffle installed, and I'm beginning to wonder if that is the problem.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.
    03-08-09 02:13 PM
    I've got a ton of wallpapers that I've added to my Storm. Most are on my SD card, but about a dozen are on the device memory. I can select and save any of the wallpapers from either the card or device memory, and save it as the homescreen wallpaper, but then when it goes to sleep (i.e. in 30 seconds) and then I wake it back up, it loses the wallpaper and defaults back to the Verizon Red Check! WTF?

Anyone know how to fix this?

I do have the Virtual Arts wallpaper shuffle installed, and I'm beginning to wonder if that is the problem.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

I would delete Virtual arts and see if that fixes it. I seem to remember someone else posting something similiar on here. I don't remember the outcome and can't find the original thread.
    03-08-09 02:14 PM
    I have the same basic problem. My wallpaper reverts to the Verizon logic after syncing via the USB cable.
    03-08-09 10:37 PM
    I have the same basic problem. My wallpaper reverts to the Verizon logic after syncing via the USB cable.
    Ditto. I'm running .109 and this drives me crazy because I sync at least twice a day to keep my Outlook calendar updated. I only have one wallpaper I use loaded in device memory.
    03-08-09 11:14 PM
    I use to have that problem when I kept the wallpaper in the device memory. Since I stopped doing that and just keeping it on the media card, I haven't had the problem.
    03-08-09 11:23 PM
    Yes, it seems to me that when the wallpaper file is on the device mem, it reverts back to the default wallpaper. But if the file is on the mem card, it works correctly.
    03-08-09 11:55 PM
    I made the change back to using the media card for my wallpaper so I'll know soon if it works for my Storm. Moved my wallpaper to the device memory a few leaks ago because someone posted that using wallpaper from the device memory reduced lag.
    03-09-09 08:16 AM
    I synced a couple times today and so far the wallpaper is working correctly from the media card. Thanks for the tip.
    03-10-09 09:52 PM
    UPDATE -

I deleted the Virtual Arts Wallpaper app and the sister Wallpaper Shuffle app (also by Virtual Arts) and it fixed the problem. Working great now.

I've had this problem for a while and had thought it might be the Virtual Arts program that was causing it. I've emailed them several times and never got an answer back or any support.

Needless to say, I'm not buying nor recommending Virtual Arts to anyone!
    03-11-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD