Ok, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Tour, I love it, its amazing!!! I have no complaints whatsoever with this phone, however, the black case that I got from VZW makes it hard to hit the alt key and I didn't know if anyone else had this problem and if maybe there was a way to switch the alt key around with another key?
    Thanks
    Kristy
    07-15-09 06:53 AM
    Take the case back.
    07-15-09 07:00 AM
    is the one you bought an actual blackberry one or not? the actual bb ones should have blackberry embossed on the back. i bought one at the store but realized it wasn't a bb one so i ordered the real bb one from crackberry.
    07-15-09 07:00 AM
    I would probably take it back. I have the black silicone case that I picked up temporarily from VZW (until I get a better one) - and it's well away from the alt key......
    07-15-09 07:06 AM
    I probably have the same generic case. The edge of the case is a smidgeon away from the edge of the alt key. So yeah, it is kind of in the way, as is the right side when you use del or return. My thumb pretty much is just pushing it out when I use the keys in those two columns. I imagine I'll get a thinner case eventually, but this one will work for now until more stuff comes out.
    07-15-09 07:13 AM
    I got a silicone one from Best Buy (Blackberry Logo on back) $15. Temporary till I can get a sturdier one, but in case I drop it again at least I won't get any pings on it!

The one I got (only one Best Buy carried for Tour) has a barely visible cut away area at the keyboard making it wider by just a bit around the keyboard. It leaves the chrome strip around the entire keyboard exposed. Doesn't impede with my typing on ALT or any keys in any way!
    07-15-09 08:00 AM
    ive never been a fan of the silicone cases b/c they attract lint and after awhile stretch and get slimy feeling.

i picked up the black one from my store (make sure the one you got TS is from a corp vzw b/c auth sales will sell super cheap ones.) temporarly until the clear plastic one comes out and i actually like it a lot.

i would bring it back and try a new one.
    07-15-09 08:09 AM
    I say just take it back and get bb one, not just one that is at the vzw store.
    07-15-09 08:20 AM
    I hv the clear one from vzw but it isn't in the way of any keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:33 AM
    No problems here with the VZW case although z06Rono is right about the thumb basically pushing out the case when using the alt/delete/enter keys. Not sure if the OEM Blackberry case has the same problem or not.
    07-15-09 08:41 AM
    I just ordered this one BlackBerry Tour 9630 Skin - Black Original (OEM) HDW-23471-001 as the one through CB is out of stock. Same part number and price.
    07-15-09 08:42 AM
    Spike, that's just like the one I got at Best Buy. $5 cheaper at your site but I didn't check shipping, so it probably came pretty close. It feels more substantial to me (less floopy) than VZW silicone cases I've had that didn't have BB logo.
    07-15-09 01:26 PM
    My silicone case got too much dust and it hid the phone. I got the VZW Snap On case today and I love it. Protects the phone and now I can actually see the whole thing
    07-15-09 02:07 PM
    I bought the same case and was having the exact same issue ! , so i just took it back got my money back , and got an OEM RIM one for 15 at Best buy
    07-15-09 02:14 PM
    The VZW skin sucks!!! I have the same problem with not being able to hit the alt key as well as the a, and q. I am going to take mine back today after work!!
    07-15-09 02:15 PM
    i have the same case and while i feel the edge of the skin while hitting or holding down the alt key it doesn't bother or effect me at all.
    07-15-09 02:31 PM
    Spike, that's just like the one I got at Best Buy. $5 cheaper at your site but I didn't check shipping, so it probably came pretty close. It feels more substantial to me (less floopy) than VZW silicone cases I've had that didn't have BB logo.
    The case and charger shipping is 3.95...... and I don't have to go out in this terrible Texas heat
    07-15-09 02:35 PM
    The case and charger shipping is 3.95...... and I don't have to go out in this terrible Texas heat
    Good deal (price wise and staying out of the heat!)

I see sooks is here. Hope the Tour is all you hoped it would be after The Storm!
    07-15-09 03:15 PM
    Is it the OEM Blackberry silicone case or a generic? because i bought one online but i havent gotten my phone in yet to try it out...
    07-15-09 03:46 PM
    I'll go against the grain and say I like the Verizon skin better than the Amzer or OEM skin. It covers more areas than the other two, has covered buttons with all the necessary cutouts, protects better because it's thicker, it's the soft silicon feel vs the harder slicker stuff (this may be a bad thing for those who use keep the phone in their pockets), and it fits tighter/better IMO because of the thicker material and coverage area. I haven't had any problems with it interfering with typing and it feels good in my hands. It still fits in the OEM leather holster although using one hand to get it in and out is difficult.
    07-15-09 03:54 PM
    I'll go against the grain and say I like the Verizon skin better than the Amzer or OEM skin. It covers more areas than the other two, has covered buttons with all the necessary cutouts, protects better because it's thicker, it's the soft silicon feel vs the harder slicker stuff (this may be a bad thing for those who use keep the phone in their pockets), and it fits tighter/better IMO because of the thicker material and coverage area. I haven't had any problems with it interfering with typing and it feels good in my hands. It still fits in the OEM leather holster although using one hand to get it in and out is difficult.

The blackberry oem case covers the buttons as well...and it feels pretty soft
    07-15-09 04:03 PM
    The blackberry oem case covers the buttons as well...and it feels pretty soft
    The OEM and Verizon skins feel similar with the latter being thicker. The OEM doesn't cover up the area above the LCD but it seems looser and it also has a big rectangular cutout for the camera. The Verizon has a smaller cutout for just the lens and flash.

Here's a link to the Verizon skin I'm referring to for those that haven't seen it. The pictures are a bit misleading because on a real Tour the skin does not cover up the Verizon sign on the bottom of the phone and it does not hug the keyboard as much as shown (there is about a 1/32" gap between the skin and the edges of the keyboard).
    07-15-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD