I haven't found this specific question asked, but, why can't the wallpaper image be set to NOT rotate with the home screen?
    I don't care if the home menu rotates, the image I have for the background looks much better as is and is mostly cut off when rotated
    Any config or app help is appreciated.
    10-11-11 02:52 PM
    Don't hold your breath. RIM is busy working (hopefully) on useful things that large numbers of users want. How often are you staring at your wallpaper anyway?

Who knows, maybe mention it in the development section and someone will create an app for it. If it's important enough to you, I assume you'd be willing to pay
    10-11-11 03:16 PM
    I haven't found this specific question asked, but, why can't the wallpaper image be set to NOT rotate with the home screen?
    I don't care if the home menu rotates, the image I have for the background looks much better as is and is mostly cut off when rotated
    Any config or app help is appreciated.
    There are apps that you can get to stop the homescreen from rotating. Quicklaunch and Sixtools are apps that have a "Locktilt" option, besides many other things.
    10-11-11 03:24 PM
    If you haven't tried it, try zooming in on the pic slightly before saving it as wallpaper. I've had some pics that would auto-fit the screen in both portrait and landscape and some that won't. Sometimes it makes a difference if I zoom in or not prior to setting it as home screen.
    10-11-11 10:17 PM
    Try 640*640 px wallpaper
    10-12-11 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD