Hello all, I searched, but didn't find a thread or post that answered this question. I just bought a OEM BBRY External battery charger for my TOUR battery. It's the one with the little door that folds up. Works great thus far, but my main question is would it be ok for me to keep battery in the external charger after its charged? I was sorta worried that being in the charger with the contacts still touching, that this would discharge the battery or something?! It's so convenient to charge the battery and just keep it in charger, at least that's what I'd like to do, but I wanted to see if anyone had experience/problems in doing this.

My charger RIM Part # is HDW-19137-001 MODEL : VP-09500069

Thanks in advance.
    10-06-09 05:29 PM
    I haven't checked it out with a volt-meter to measure voltage drop, but that's exactly how I keep my spare battery, in the external charger (unplugged) and still have 100% battery when I swap it a week to ten days after disconnecting power supply. I wouldn't worry. It might even be safer since in the case you are keeping the contacts from accidently shorting out with anything in your pocket (it's happened to me with a 9 volt battery) or briefcase.
    10-07-09 12:15 PM
    I haven't checked it out with a volt-meter to measure voltage drop, but that's exactly how I keep my spare battery, in the external charger (unplugged) and still have 100% battery when I swap it a week to ten days after disconnecting power supply. I wouldn't worry. It might even be safer since in the case you are keeping the contacts from accidently shorting out with anything in your pocket (it's happened to me with a 9 volt battery) or briefcase.
    I just got the same external battery charger. When I put the battery into it, the light comes on orange and then turns red in a few minutes and then stays red. Not sure if it is even charging...
    Do you guys experience the same behavior, or is it supposed to stay orange and then turn green when fully charged?
    08-07-12 01:27 PM
    I have that one and when it is fully charged it turns green. I store my xtra battery in it all the time. Haven't noticed any problem with discharging.
    08-08-12 10:01 AM
    Thanks! But does the light stay orange or red while it is charging?
    08-08-12 10:59 AM
    Thanks! But does the light stay orange or red while it is charging?
    I'd try to reach the supplier you purchased this from. It should not do this. I had a friend of mine buy one and the supplier said, "Ship it back. It's faulty." They sent her a new one. I bought one, and it worked the first time.

Side note: I keep my extra battery for my Bold 9900 in the case, unplugged. No worries.
    08-08-12 11:14 AM
    I'd try to reach the supplier you purchased this from. It should not do this. I had a friend of mine buy one and the supplier said, "Ship it back. It's faulty." They sent her a new one. I bought one, and it worked the first time.

Side note: I keep my extra battery for my Bold 9900 in the case, unplugged. No worries.
    Thanks! I got 2 at once and both do the same.. And don't charge of course.. sending them back tomorrow. Hope the new ones work...

Thanks guys!
    08-09-12 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD