Anybody have any good sites where I can download movies from and transfer them to my BOLD?
    Thanks in advance
    12-20-09 03:17 PM
    I don't think piracy are encourage to be discuss on crackberry.
    12-20-09 03:22 PM
    I don't think this is possible, is it?

You mean you just rip it of the internet without any client or something? Kinda ventured, right Daredevil :P?
    12-20-09 03:55 PM
    I get all manner of movies of the internet, convert them, and save them on my media card. We're not allowed to talk about that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 04:06 PM
    12-20-09 04:22 PM
    I tried using the link provided on your page, but megaupload is telling me the file size is too large. Can I not download these movies directly to my Bold?

12-20-09 07:01 PM
    there is a section for movies here.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f66/
    12-20-09 07:09 PM
    I tried using the link provided on your page, but megaupload is telling me the file size is too large. Can I not download these movies directly to my Bold?

No you have to download the movies to computer then drag/drop them to the memory card

12-21-09 02:03 AM
    I agree that discussing places to download movies is a pretty touchy subject, but I can tell you how to format ANY move for your Bold. These instructions are as simple as I can make them. You can use this method for most formats of movie files, and even DVDs. Where you get the movies is your own business.

Preparation:
    1. Download and install HandBrake
    2. Open C:\Program Files\HandBrake\user_presets.xml using your favorite text editor
    3. Replace the entire text of that file with the code from the box at the bottom of this post. Save your changes.

To convert movies to the proper format for your Bold:
    1. Open HandBrake
    2. Click Source
    3. Browse to and select the movie you want to convert
    4. Highlight the BlackBerry Bold 9000 preset in the presets pane on the right
    5. Click the Start button.

I have tried over 20 applications for converting movie files to Bold format, and the results using HandBrake are as good as any of them. This preset will keep you from having to experiment with the settings too much.

BlackBerry Bold 9000 Preset:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <ArrayOfPreset xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <Preset>
        <Level>0</Level>
        <Name>BlackBerry Bold 9000</Name>
        <Query> -f mp4 -I  -w 480 -P  -e x264 -b 1500 -a 1 -E faac -B 160 -R 48 -6 stereo -D 1 -x level=30:bframes=0:cabac=0:ref=1:vbv-maxrate=1500:vbv-bufsize=2000:analyse=all:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1 -v </Query>
      </Preset>
    </ArrayOfPreset>
    12-21-09 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD