Or OEM horizontal belt clips for that matter (like the Krusells in the Crackberry store?

Anyone know if either of the two Krusell cases in the store here actively holster the 8220? There are lots of star ratings but no written reviews and I've searched but can't find any info on 3rd party horizontal leather belt pouches here or otherwise that will sleep the phone.

Also, I don't care for the multidapt or belt loops but would rather have a fixed tension clip.
    12-09-09 03:54 PM
    I don't know anything about the flips, but I'm really surprised that it doesn't go to sleep when it gets closed.
    12-09-09 04:50 PM
    My understanding from other posts and from my experience with 8230 is that when the flip is closed, the phone goes into standby or holstered mode. So if by asleep you mean standby or holstered mode then yes, either within 10 seconds or up to two minutes after you close flip depending on your settings in Options:Screen/Keyboard:Backlight Timeout. So from what I understand the magnet used in BB pouches or cases needed to put other BB devices in standby is not necessary with 8220 or 8230 Flips to put them in standby mode.
    12-09-09 08:34 PM
    The 8220 does respond to a magnet (oem pouch) which does a complete sleep on the phone (outer display and all). Closing the flip does not shut off the external display. I don't want my backlight timeout to be short.

Maybe a better question is: What is the definition of a sleeping blackberry? Simply having the displays shut down or is there more?

I would like a horizontal belt clip pouch (like the Krusell) that turns off the display when phone is put away. Has anyone used the Krusell or another case (other than the OEM one) that supports shutting down the displays (I'll call it sleep mode for now).
    12-10-09 08:45 AM
    Another discovery, I've found that with the flip closed, I can used use either of the shortcut buttons on the side to switch to an application (Media for instance). When I open up the phone, media is displayed but I was on home screen before.

This does not work for Vlingo with the flip closed however so it must mean that the application is responsible for utilizing the "flip open/closed" flag somehow. What would be nice is if we could program these with different open and closed shortcuts.
    12-10-09 06:33 PM
    Or OEM horizontal belt clips for that matter (like the Krusells in the Crackberry store?

Anyone know if either of the two Krusell cases in the store here actively holster the 8220? There are lots of star ratings but no written reviews and I've searched but can't find any info on 3rd party horizontal leather belt pouches here or otherwise that will sleep the phone.

Also, I don't care for the multidapt or belt loops but would rather have a fixed tension clip.
    I've got the BB leather holster from the Crackberry store and it will put your phone in sleep or holstered mode. This mode turns the screen off preserving battery life similar in result to when you shut and close the flip and it goes into standby and is how bb calculates 8220's battery standby time. One difference being in holstered mode the screen shuts off immediately when put in the holster, while when flip is closed and put in standby there is a short delay based on settings in menu before display goes off. In both battery saving modes calls will still come in etc. and displays will be off but using the magnetic holster allows enabling in Profiles a different group of settings that will work when the phone is holstered seperate from when the phone is out of the holster which is cool. But if the seperate holstered settings don't interest you, any pouch or case that fits your 8220 when its closed will allow the phone to power down the display after a short delay and enter standby.
    12-10-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD