Just received my OtterBox 1936 for the BB 8130. I am impressed. It went together very easy. I used the membrane and it went on without a hitch. the opening for the trackball was not covered and it lined up perfectly. The case was a little difficult to snap together with the membrane in place but it is definitely secure and the membrane does not move around. When completely assembled this thing does not add much bulk to the Pearl and feels very comfortable in my hand. I don't have large hands and using the keyboard is not a real problem. It sits securely in the holster and goes to sleep when inserted. I wasn't sure I would like the yellow color, but looking at it now it doesn't look bad at all. It is well worth the money for the protection it offers. I'm not going to test it by dropping it or anything like that. I'm convinced that is is well protected.

What is the difference between the Pearl going to sleep and the screen turning off after a pre-set time? The reason I ask is I've read about some older OtterBox holsters not putting the Pearl to sleep. Is there a difference?
    05-30-08 05:27 PM
    the screen turning off is just that, nothing more. going to sleep is it actually entering a lower power mode, probably by throttling back cpu speed.
    05-30-08 05:56 PM
    congrats on the otterbox youll love it.
    05-30-08 06:26 PM
    I just bought mine, for work. It fits great without any extra bulk.
    Last edited by bighoof; 05-31-08 at 09:06 AM.
    05-30-08 09:54 PM
    youtube has some vids of it,it looks really bulky!
    05-30-08 10:12 PM
    I just got mine in the mail earlier today.. I couldn't be happier with it.. especially since I like to keep my new toys looking as new for as long as I can. I dont see anything bad happening to it unless somehow I drop it in the pool or something... lol *knocks on wood*

And It really doesnt make it feel bulkier at all....
    05-30-08 11:49 PM
    Love my otterbox! Saved my 8130 so many times, I would have a dead berry without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-08 01:39 AM
    the screen turning off is just that, nothing more. going to sleep is it actually entering a lower power mode, probably by throttling back cpu speed.
    I should have known that. Thanks.
    05-31-08 04:28 PM
    Otterbox! I will think about it.
    05-31-08 07:12 PM
    I received my Otterbox today in the mail as well and must say that I am happy with the purchase. I decided to leave the membrane off because of the bubbles on the screen(I have a BSE) and I was worried how it would impact pic.quality(8330). How does the white coverings over the earpiece and speaker effect sound quality?

05-31-08 09:46 PM
    I received my Otterbox today in the mail as well and must say that I am happy with the purchase. I decided to leave the membrane off because of the bubbles on the screen(I have a BSE) and I was worried how it would impact pic.quality(8330). How does the white coverings over the earpiece and speaker effect sound quality?

Some people have reported echoing when they talk, but I can say there is no difference in sound quality.
    06-01-08 08:47 AM
    Love my Otterbox
    06-01-08 01:53 PM
    I love this defender case for the Pearl, however on my CURVE it is crap, it nothing really sits where it is supposed to. Anyone else have this issue>?
    06-05-08 09:55 AM
    Thinking about an Otterbox. Should I?

06-05-08 10:11 AM
    I love this defender case for the Pearl, however on my CURVE it is crap, it nothing really sits where it is supposed to. Anyone else have this issue>?
    As I answered in your other thread, you got the 8300 series. Otter box should take off the compatible with 8330 device, it will not work...
    06-05-08 10:14 AM
    I just ordered my Otterbox 2 days ago!!!

I can't wait for the mailman to arrive.
    06-05-08 10:29 AM
    Does the supplied otterbox holster for curve activate the standby mode?

06-12-08 07:03 PM
    I was thinking of getting one as well, but the price is a bit of a hinderance.. Anyway to get one for less then 50?

07-12-08 07:31 PM
    I got mine from Amazon for about $35 shipped.. but I see that they've gone up a little...
    07-12-08 09:25 PM
    I got mine a few days ago. Overall, I like it. Except the membrane. I followed the instructions to get rid of the bubbles, but i notice the membrane had two areas where there are some imperfection during production.... it looks a hairline bubble in two areas... oh well.....
    07-13-08 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD