Sorry for another question here..(I really apprecaite to your all kind info/help/sharings!!)

I a bit had a short experience using the Bold 9700, I think that the Bold got a better "nice" and "clearler" sound than Torch for the "ear speaker"--I mean the one that close to the BB logo which attached to your ear when talking. It sounds like more "bass" with less treble...?!??!

So If the one who has used or experienced the Bold 9700 before, got the same opinion like me? Or Is it normal for the Torch(Or mine got a defect?).

Can I do smth to adjust/improve it? Any advice? TKs TKS TKS!!!
    Last edited by BBbeary; 12-16-10 at 12:11 AM.
    12-15-10 11:13 PM
    Sadly this is a problem with the Torch. I almost exclusively use Bluetooth because of it. I think RIM reduced the sound levels to address the tinny sound issues in the initial OS release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 02:43 AM
    Sadly this is a problem with the Torch. I almost exclusively use Bluetooth because of it. I think RIM reduced the sound levels to address the tinny sound issues in the initial OS release.

So you too??!?! Then this is problem for this model? What do you or other think that RIM might relase any updated version to fix this? Or the problem is about the "speaker quality" itself???

tks again...
    12-16-10 02:54 AM
    Not sure what you guys are talking about, but Ive owned almost every GSM model RIM has released on AT&T, and the sound quality on my 9800 meets or exceeds every device Ive had.
    12-16-10 06:11 AM
    My Torch sounds better than my 9000 did, sounded great since launch day. OS updates have not changed this at all.
    12-16-10 09:18 AM
    My torch is right on par with my curve(8310). Never owned a bold so I cant say as opposed to that.
    12-16-10 09:23 AM
    You can go to phone options and "boost treble"

Give that a shot and see if it helps any...

12-16-10 12:24 PM
    Btw, that's in "In call settings"

12-16-10 12:24 PM
    Not sure what you guys are talking about, but Ive owned almost every GSM model RIM has released on AT&T, and the sound quality on my 9800 meets or exceeds every device Ive had.
    I should clarify:

I find the sound quality is great, but the volume is significantly lower than my Bold 9000 was.
    12-16-10 02:35 PM
    It's hard to beat the stereo speaker quality of the Bold 9000.
    With that said, I think my 9800 is as close to my Bold as any BB I've owned.
    No complaints here. (OK... well... I did on .141)
    12-16-10 02:52 PM
    I thoroughly love my Torch with all my heart, but the one and only disappointment about it has to be the sound. I came to the Torch from the Bold 9000 and the sound on my 9000 was absolutely outstanding!

Before I upgraded my Torch's OS to .246 - the sound was a bit "tinny" and AM radio sounding to me. .246 resolved some, but not all of that. Whenever I try to listen to music without my ear buds - I long for that rich sound my 9000 had.

So - RIM - if you're reading this - please step up your sound game on the Torch!

Peace...

P.S. I have tried adjusting the sound equalizer, but it still doesn't seem to make any difference in the sound.
    12-31-10 09:35 PM
    I've noticed that changing EQ settings has no effect on sound. This is the case whether I use decent wired headphones or bluetooth Motorola headphones.

01-01-11 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD