So I removed the case because I decided that it was too bulky to use, and I just noticed now that the left side of the casing on the actual phone, is seperating. The bezel part that connects to the back part, wtf!!! so annoying :/ It squeeks now when I use the left side of the keyboard it!!... it didn't before. I bought the phone through amazon, would I have to go through them for an exchange?
    Last edited by radlink14; 08-19-10 at 02:00 AM.
    08-19-10 01:53 AM
    Good to know... sux that happened! I was gonna purchase that case! You are using it on your Torch, right?
    08-19-10 02:45 AM
    Are you sure it was the AGF case? If it's anything like the GRT for the Pre, which I presume it is considering the form factor, it doesn't attach in any way to the phone. The phone sits inside it and the case uses it's own rail. So I'm not quite sure how a case that in no way connects to the physical phone has now caused the bezel to separate. Now, if you remove the case incorrectly and torque the phone itself removing it, THAT could be the issue and that would not be the cases fault but the user.

Are you sure it wasn't the actual phone or you removing the case incorrectly?

EDIT

I just removed my GRT case and looked at it from different angles while removing it to see if it in any way physically contacts the phone. The only way it did was if I attempted to remove the top half from the rail the WRONG way. Sorry, but if the phone housing is suddenly compromised after you took off the case, I am inclined to think you didn't remove it properly.

If it snapped to the phone I could see it. It doesn't.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 08-19-10 at 02:51 AM.
    08-19-10 02:48 AM
    It was ruined because of the charger, do you noticed how the charger fits VERY dramatically snug with the case? I'm assuming because of how tight it fits that it made the case start separating... I didn't remove the case incorrectly. Either that or the phone is just deteriorating after a weeks use lol
    08-19-10 03:10 AM
    Which charger? The cradle?

I don't see where they say you can leave it on when using the charger...something they DO specify with the Pre model, so if it was snug why would you not take the case off?

I still don't see how you can blame the case, if it was me and the case interfered with the charger, I would take the case off.
    08-19-10 12:29 PM
    I've purchased the AGF case and i haven't had this issue. The case doesnt attach to the phone itself, rather the phone sits in the case. As reeneebob mentioned, the only way this could happen if the case was improperly removed and or attached.
    08-19-10 01:48 PM
    It's the bottom half of the phone that's messed up, NOT THE SCREEN. Removing/applying the case would affect the screen if I did it in the wrong way.

Why would I buy a case that I'd have to remove every time to charge? That would be so inconvenient.... The phone has cut outs for a reason.

Any who for those that do understand what I mean about the charger being too snug, be careful. And don't buy a case that requires to be removed to charge your phone cause apparently this one is lol.
    08-19-10 02:24 PM
    Would also not recommend this case for the Torch if you're going to be using the cradle charger.

I had the case for three days and the third night I removed the top portion of the case, I broke the side rail of the case (not the phone). I found it very difficult to remove and it stressed the top slider portion of the phone each time I attempted to remove the top 'face plate' of the case. If you're using the Torch cradle charger (which I used every night), this is not the case for you... Just my 2 cents...
    08-19-10 04:50 PM
    I never owned a case for any of my BB's that was compatible with any of the cradles. I had to remove the case at least partially. So if you tried to use the cradle without removing the case that's on you.

They specifically made the Pre version of the AGF GRT with 2 backs, and one is custom made so you can use the touchstone. There is a LOT of space around the micro usb port so unless RIM made their USB plug huge compared to the usual size of a usb connector, I still don't see how this is AGF's case. You yourself say the USB charger is too snug. How is that AGF's responsibility? I doubt RIM provided their plug head prior to release, so I imagine AGF will be adjusting their case since RIM can't seem to design the USB charger for this phone properly.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 08-20-10 at 12:05 PM.
    08-20-10 12:00 PM
    Let me be more clear. I'm not knocking the case. The case is well designed, fits tightly and if you're going to leave it on and not need to remove it other than a rare cleaning routine...then it's a good one to get. I liked the smooth lines, and it is very nicely contoured with the Torch. No complaints. However, if you have to remove the case for any reason, it's a very touchy thing to do and you have to be VERY careful when pulling the faceplate off so as not to cause a wiggle on your slider or break the side rail of the case, like I did... Also, to use the cradle charger, there is no wiggle room to put the phone into the charger with the case on...so you must remove the entire case each time. It's more important to me to be able to drop the phone into the charger at night, without messing with any cords, then to have this particular case on the phone. I should have been clearer with my comments. Nothing 'wrong' with the case, just not the right one for my particular preferences....
    08-20-10 01:49 PM
    i love my case, and i love my new phone. but the charger port was a bit annoying.... so i just sanded down the side of the charger, and now it fits perfectly.

hope this works out well for all of you guys =]
    10-11-10 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD