The AGF GRT and the AGF GRT Endo. I have heard a lot about the micro usb port on the case is a little too small so the charger fits loosely or doesn't fit at all. Is this true for one or both cases? And is there any major difference between the two cases? I can get the regular case for $11 and the endo at $35. Which would you recommend?
    04-27-11 07:30 AM
    It does fit, you just have to modify the charger a bit. I use a knife and just sliced little slivers off the top part of the plastic that plugs in. (Didn't know of a better way to describe it. Will take a picture if needed.
    I think I read that the difference was, the endo doesn't have chrome and you have more grip while holding on to it. I could be wrong though. I own the regular one and I find it perfect for the torch.
    04-27-11 08:26 AM
    It does fit, you just have to modify the charger a bit. I use a knife and just sliced little slivers off the top part of the plastic that plugs in. (Didn't know of a better way to describe it. Will take a picture if needed.
    I think I read that the difference was, the endo doesn't have chrome and you have more grip while holding on to it. I could be wrong though. I own the regular one and I find it perfect for the torch.
    Homer is correct, however I am able to fit my OEM charger in with little "discomfort". I find some of the $0.99 ebay micro usb cords have a larger plastic tip. I have had both cases for about 4 months and have no wear or damage to my device's micro usb port.

The GRT is a black case with a plastic "chrome" bezel that suits the phone nicely. Some users have found the back of the device "less grippy"

The ENDO has a textured rubber on the front adding some nice grip, and it also feels sturdier on the device. The big plus about the ENDO is it comes with a holster clip, with sleeper magnet. Again, very sturdy.

IMO the ENDO is the better of the two. And before you ask no, the GRT will not fit into the ENDO's holster as the front bezel on the endo is slightly different to fit the holster. However, my GRT fits into.a leather holster for the BB 8830 like a glove, and the sleeper magnet works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 08:50 AM
    For good price check on ebay.
    04-27-11 08:59 AM
    The GRT case is a bit odd for the charger. However, some will fit and work perfectly. I traded my brother my OEM blackberry usb+wall charger for his samsung charger and it fits perfectly without having to modify the cord or take the case off.
    04-27-11 10:47 AM
    The AGF GRT and the AGF GRT Endo. I have heard a lot about the micro usb port on the case is a little too small so the charger fits loosely or doesn't fit at all. Is this true for one or both cases? And is there any major difference between the two cases? I can get the regular case for $11 and the endo at $35. Which would you recommend?

Do you mind telling me where you can get the Endo GRT case? I've been looking everywhere for a black one and no one has one.
    04-27-11 08:15 PM
    I have the GRT, but I use a pair of nail clippers to bevel the plastic edge of my usb cords.
    Quicker and (I think) easier that trying with a knife.
    I like the look of the Endo too and would like to get my hands on one to try it out.

04-27-11 08:21 PM
    I have the GRT and no problem with the charger.
    I would like the endo but this 11 bucks GRT cases works perfect for me.

04-27-11 10:14 PM
    5 seconds with a dremel to file down the top edge of the charger is all you need.

04-27-11 10:26 PM
    it should be on their website agfindings. the black on black is sold out and it looks grey.
    04-28-11 06:17 AM
    the charger issue is not that serious. its a bit snug but it plugs in fine. kinda overboard takin a knife to it. its not necessary.

some parts of the case are kinda stiff (slide action and the plug issue) but once the case is worn in a bit its great.

best case for the torch. i have the regular one but im sure the endo is even better.
    04-29-11 12:34 PM
    How easy are the cases to take on and off? The reason I ask is that I have the charging pod, but would sure like a case for the daytime...
    04-29-11 01:27 PM
    I'm using a micro USB cable that has a slim connector, that solved my problem.
    04-29-11 03:15 PM
    How easy are the cases to take on and off? The reason I ask is that I have the charging pod, but would sure like a case for the daytime...
    its not bad.

i use a pod for my nightly charging
    04-29-11 05:17 PM
    There's a trick to taking off the case that you have to learn. If you know how the case isn't that hard to remove. If you don't I can see it being kinda difficult to remove...

What I do open the slider and slide my fingernail along the bottom half through the two pieces. This gently pops one side open enough to lift half of the top part up, then you can just rotate it until the other slider comes out.
    Last edited by papped; 04-29-11 at 07:39 PM.
    04-29-11 07:04 PM
    Thanks papped and un4gtbl. I may have to take the plunge and get one.

04-29-11 08:37 PM
    Are these local anywhere? The endo.. Rubberized one

04-30-11 08:32 AM

1:36 this is the endo, but you pretty much get the idea.
    04-30-11 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD