I have two electric wall chargers and a car charger along with the usb cable that i've used for charger my Storm. Ever since the last os update 5.0.0.328 none of the chargers except for the usb cable will charge the Storm and then only when the computer is turned on.

This is very frustrating since i'm a heavey user on my phone and need to plug it in a lot while i'm driving to keep the charge up.

When i plug the phone into one of the other chargers now i get the message "the charging source connected to you blackberry device cannot charge you battery", even the car charger which I bought from Verizon.

I've never had a problem using these other charges before. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what's the problem? Thanks, Tim
    11-08-09 12:18 PM
    Did you enable mass storage mode on the phone?
    11-08-09 12:21 PM
    I've had in enabled all along with no problem.
    11-08-09 12:28 PM
    It might have reset with the update. Did you double check?
    11-08-09 12:32 PM
    Yes i checked before i replied to you. Anyhow why would the mass storage mode have anything to do with charging from a wall or car charger?
    11-08-09 01:44 PM
    Quick Reply
    11-08-09 01:49 PM
    I have the same problem but
    not as offten when Mass storage is OFF
    11-08-09 01:51 PM
    Quick Reply
    You've got too many of these threads bumping; it's hard to keep up with you
    Somewhere I read that the OS caused the issue in a number of these 9530's and VZW was aware of it. It doesn't happen to everyone so it's going to be hard to narrow the cause down.
    VZW should be your first stop as Tech Support should have the issue documented.
    11-08-09 02:25 PM
    For the record, I have a Storm2 and the same problem, albeit intermittently.

The phone comes up with that message "whenever it feels like it," meaning I cannot reproduce it at will or track down when. Sometimes when the phone is charging or connected to the computer and I'll glance at it (it's in a pod) and see that it is displaying the message.

Disconnecting and reconnecting a few times has been my workaround but as far as I'm concerned, RIM HAS DONE IT AGAIN! I know of no other manufacturer that has so many varied problems and when a new "fix" is released, some bugs are corrected and other new ones surface.

MADDENING!
    11-08-09 03:31 PM
    Unplugging and plugging the charger back in has worked for me in the past when its occurred on my phone. I had to do a battery pull last night to get it to finally start charging for the first time.
    11-08-09 03:40 PM
    Verizon is aware of the problem and wants you to do a master reset to try to solve it. This is a known problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 10:14 PM
    I have had this occassionally too. Not as often that it is getting in the way of my use yet but I have had that random message when trying to charge both car and USB.

I guess I should take it in and ask VZW? Or should I just try to do a re-install of the OS?
    11-08-09 11:40 PM
    I have exactly the same problem. And I'll add to it that if you plug your phone into a computer instead, it does recharge that way so it's strictly with wall and car chargers. A battery pull (I went back to Quickpull now that it sort of works with 5.0) with the charger plugged in has worked each and every time. I don't quite follow this "master reset" thing. Sounds like it involves wiping the phone clean of everything and reinstalling the new OS but then what about all my contacts and third party apps, etc. And if that's the best and only solution for this problem, I'm going to boot this blackberry ASAP and get something else because for every problem RIM solves (the new OS made the Storm more responsive, gave it better battery life, and helped a bit with the inadequate amount of device memory but it's definitely less stable and this charging problem is a pain). Do they understand the ramifications of the latest (as in yesterday) iphone rumors bringing that device to Verizon coupled with the availability of Android 2 devices on VZ as well? Windows Mobile is on its very last legs. Symbian is essentially about to be history. RIM cannot allow more nonsense like this. The competition will simply not allow for it and a proper survival.
    11-09-09 08:13 AM
    What will a master reset do for you? if it is a software issue wont it just happen again when the phone restarts?
    11-09-09 11:43 AM
    FYI it DOES happen with the USB charger too. I have had that happen since I use it as my primary way to charge

I agree with the other poster...is a re-install the way to fix this if it is a software issue?
    11-09-09 11:59 AM
    I hope there will be a fix for this. It has become quite frustrating. Another related problem is the "bedside mode" doesn't function correctly. The screen backlight instead of dimming it will time out and go blank. Not a big deal but still irritating that the bug is there
    11-10-09 06:53 AM
    problem was really bad yesterday and today. cant seem to charge no matter what I use. Will be at verizon today early!!
    11-10-09 06:58 AM
    it happens to me with

stright wall to phone charger

OEM Cradle charger

not from pc to BB tho

ANNOYING
    11-25-09 03:04 PM
    Same problem here. I have experienced it with charging through PC, car or wall charge all OEM. Never happened before OS upgrade to 5.0.328. When it happens the only fix is a battery pull (Quickpull). This should work be a no brainer. Very frustrating.
    11-25-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD