I have a question. I WILL be buying the storm this friday, no questions asked. I also want to get plenty of accessories to go. I have a list of a few things I want, but I do need some help about where I should buy.

Silicone Cover (the rubber sleeve?)
    Ghost Armor or IS
    Extra Battery
    Maybe the dock?
    Headphones?
    Case for working out

Should I buy all this (minus the IS/GA) from the verizon corp store or are there better alternatives? Money really isn't an issue, I just want the absolute best for the phone. Like are there better batteries / covers / headphones than the ones offered at the VWZ corp store? I would think so but I do not know about the differences in quality.
    11-18-08 03:52 PM
    are you really going to workout with a device that large? why not just buy an ipod shuffle or something? i have a nano, and i even find that too large sometimes......
    11-18-08 03:58 PM
    actually they have a place you can put your device on all the cardio machines so its not a big deal. itd probably be some kinda clip when im doing weights. yeah i have no problems w a phone that size. if i were running outside and could feel it bumping around, it would drive me INSANE haha. just trying to figure where to buy em now
    11-18-08 04:03 PM
    I have a question. I WILL be buying the storm this friday, no questions asked. I also want to get plenty of accessories to go. I have a list of a few things I want, but I do need some help about where I should buy.

Ghost Armor or IS
    Extra Battery
    Maybe the dock?
    Headphones?
    Case for working out

Should I buy all this (minus the IS/GA) from the verizon corp store or are there better alternatives? Money really isn't an issue, I just want the absolute best for the phone. Like are there better batteries / covers / headphones than the ones offered at the VWZ corp store? I would think so but I do not know about the differences in quality.

1. Silicone Cover
    2. GA/IS
    3. Extra Battery
    4. Dock
    5.Heaphones
    6. Armband(?) Case

1, 3, 4 I'd say the VZW store...

2, 5, 6 I'd say best buy.

Can't tell ya what kind of supplies/accessories BB will have on the 21st though nor if they'll have extra on top of what they'll a 1-for-1 style deal with their allotted Storms.

Also, number 6 may or may not be hard to find. Not sure if they make those for phones but I know the storm also has multimedia capabilities so it's possible.
    11-18-08 04:21 PM
    its really not that big, and its way light. You could definitely work out with it
    11-18-08 06:16 PM
    Verizon:
    Silicone Cover
    Extra Battery
    Maybe the dock?

buy online (buy.com newegg.com)
    Headphones?
    Case for working out

their website:
    Ghost Armor or IS

Case for working out, I'd say its best to actually see the product and what you think will be comfortable for you

headphones to just listen to music? I'd suggest Sony MDR-EX75 for something cheap ($50 but easily found online for under $40) but if you want to spend some money their you can easily pay $200+

from my research of Ghost Armor, Invisible shield or Best skins ever... they are all pretty much the same product! IS and BSE have a orange peel affect, where GA is barely noticeable..

Everything else Id say just buy OEM,
    11-18-08 06:26 PM
    okay thanks for all the feedback! im getting my "schedule" set for traveling from store to store for this stuff haha. btw when you say orange peel effect, is that positive or negative or just different? does it imply it grips better? and you can get GA at bestbuy? sweet. saves me from having to buy online.
    11-19-08 01:34 AM
    okay thanks for all the feedback! im getting my "schedule" set for traveling from store to store for this stuff haha. btw when you say orange peel effect, is that positive or negative or just different? does it imply it grips better? and you can get GA at bestbuy? sweet. saves me from having to buy online.
    Orange peel is just the look. its all personal preference. I believe you can only buy it online, but I could be wrong Ghost Armor. Invisible shield you can buy it at bestbuy. From what I've read they are all pretty much the same thing you cant go wrong with any of them
    11-19-08 01:39 AM
    I am probably just going to go with the silicone cover for now.
    11-19-08 01:43 AM
    Hi

I got my Storm on Friday and for better or worse it looks like I am going to keep it. I love the handset and I know that it will get better after updates.

With regards to accessories.

If on Friday Verizon have the dock buy it! My Storm arrived by mail last Friday. On Monday I went into central London to try and get an extra charger and two docks. I tried 3 Vodafone stores but they were all sold out.
    One guy said that one in 3 people that bought the Storm last Friday bought the dock.

Alex

P.S. I am going to be in the States for a fews days in January, does anyone know of a good place to buy Blackberry accessories in New York?
    Last edited by camperdown9; 11-19-08 at 03:25 AM.
    11-19-08 03:19 AM
    Any idea on the price of the dock?
    11-19-08 03:26 AM
    Hi

I got my Storm on Friday and for better or worse it looks like I am going to keep it. I love the handset and I know that it will get better after updates.

With regards to accessories.

If on Friday Verizon have the dock buy it! My Storm arrived by mail last Friday. On Monday I went into central London to try and get an extra charger and two docks. I tried 3 Vodafone stores but they were all sold out.
    One guy said that one in 3 people that bought the Storm last Friday bought the dock.

Alex

P.S. I am going to be in the States for a fews days in January, does anyone know of a good place to buy Blackberry accessories in New York?
    nyc? there are a few vzw stores you could go to. or maybe the hole in the wall electronics stores but i doubt they have anything
    11-19-08 03:44 AM
    I think I posted this on another forum too, but if you're going to use it to workout, I highly recommend you take advantage of the stereo bluetooth... it helps not having a cord dangling around or tucked in your shirt. The headphones I use were specifically designed for working out, sweat, rain, etc. Check out Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Headset Headphones : Wireless iPod Nano Touch Headphones : Wireless Computer Headphones : Mp3 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com Excellent product... much better (I think) than any other "active lifestyle" stereo bluetooth headset out there...
    11-19-08 04:37 AM
    Any idea on the price of the dock?
    In the UK it sells for �20 (about $30) I guess you will pay about the same.
    11-19-08 05:05 AM
    The vzw price according to thei computer system in-store is $29.99

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 06:33 AM
    What would be a good device to have that would hold the storm while driving? Any suggestions?
    11-19-08 07:19 AM
    I got a generic cradle that attaches to the windshield made by Kingston. It holds all size of devices and has a decent smallish footprint. I currently use it with my LG Dare, and will use it with my Storm. I like it better than using the cup holder because I've heard of crap seeping into the data ports (on phones that have them on the bottom) when you sit your phone in the holder. Not good.
    11-19-08 07:24 AM

Ghost Armor or IS
    Extra Battery
    Maybe the dock?
    Headphones?
    Case for working out

As a blackberry owner, I will only go for original blackberry accessories, especially for a phone like storm.

Most of the original accessories are not being sold by Verizon yet, and I doubt they will have a full line of them in the future.

I would recommend the following accessories for you.

Docking cradle is a MUST

Silicon skin covers

Extra Battery

Headphones

Holster with belt clip

I would not use this phone for working out. Better off using my ipod for it.
    11-19-08 12:01 PM
    I believe you get 50% off accessories. So I would get all I want for half the price.
    11-19-08 12:06 PM
    I believe you get 50% off accessories. So I would get all I want for half the price.
    From the VZW store?
    11-19-08 12:26 PM
    From the VZW store?
    Yes, you do. I always have with a new purchase.
    11-19-08 12:29 PM
    Yes, you do. I always have with a new purchase.
    Cool, thanks, I'll probably get all of them then. Beg for forgiveness later when my wife see's the bill. But honey, I'm the BES admin, I have to have these things.
    11-19-08 12:32 PM
    I think I posted this on another forum too, but if you're going to use it to workout, I highly recommend you take advantage of the stereo bluetooth... it helps not having a cord dangling around or tucked in your shirt. The headphones I use were specifically designed for working out, sweat, rain, etc. Check out Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Headset Headphones : Wireless iPod Nano Touch Headphones : Wireless Computer Headphones : Mp3 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com Excellent product... much better (I think) than any other "active lifestyle" stereo bluetooth headset out there...
    those look SOOO BAD ***. i am gonna get em! do they need batteries or anything?
    11-19-08 04:40 PM
    I ordered some of my accessories from thecellguru dot com.

BB OEM Charging Pod (Craddle) - $21.95 (got 2)
    Plantronics Discovery 925 - $80.08
    A Dyna Glo Car Charger (micro USB) - $7.95
    Charging cables (USB to Micro USB) - $4.95 (got 2)
    Shipping is either $1.99 or $2.99 (cuts one day) total

I ordered this last Sunday, they just left the warehouse today vis USPS.

I'd still like to get an extra battery, screen protector, a nice leather case, and one waterproof case, but there doesn't seem to be any available yet.
    11-19-08 05:34 PM
    okay sweet i heard about accessories being half off, lets hope they have some and that is true
    11-20-08 10:42 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD