Ok i'm about to purchase a case from shopCB.com. it is the new clear hard case for the pearl 8130. up until now i have just been using the stock holster that comes with the bb straight out of the box. however, i have a few reservations about spending $30 bucks on a case.

does anyone have this case and have good (or bad) things to say about it?

i have yet to scratch my bb but i feel like its only a matter of time.

i thought about a skin but i don't think it would have the same pocketability or protect as much against hard drops. and once i get the case i'll also order a screen protector, BSE is the best one right?
    04-29-08 03:29 PM
    I have a clear case from Speck Products, and it has saved my phone I don't know how many times. It adds almost no bulk and is also quite easy to take off, which reading through some other threads is not always the case with these things.

I also have the BSE, but a lot of folks like the Invisible Shield. I bought the BSE because it was substantially cheaper, but I can ya tell the thing does a really good job.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-29-08 at 03:54 PM.
    04-29-08 03:52 PM
    Goto E-bay and buy one for a few $$, the Seidio's are over-priced and no better than the E-Bay one's IMO. I had both a hard, plastic case and the Seidio Hard plastic rubber case(which I got cheaper off E-bay).

Don't forget the Screen protector!!
    04-29-08 04:30 PM
    do they have BSEs on ebay also?
    04-29-08 06:19 PM
    the bse's are cheap enough to order strait from their site.

and dropping $30 to protect a $400 phone.. isnt too bad imo.
    i got the otterbox myself (i just posted up my thoughts on it, and mention some of the other cases as well)
    i paid $50 for it, and it was well worth it.
    04-29-08 07:17 PM
    I am waiting for invisible shields to get here, gonna try that and the rubber skin... Will let you know what I think..
    04-29-08 07:21 PM
    I am waiting for invisible shields to get here, gonna try that and the rubber skin... Will let you know what I think..
    I had a rubber/ silicone skin also, just to sticky and didn't retain it's shape well to the phone. The hard rubber case is the way to go without the holster imo.
    04-29-08 08:23 PM
    Ok i'm about to purchase a case from shopCB.com. it is the new clear hard case for the pearl 8130. up until now i have just been using the stock holster that comes with the bb straight out of the box. however, i have a few reservations about spending $30 bucks on a case.

does anyone have this case and have good (or bad) things to say about it?

i have yet to scratch my bb but i feel like its only a matter of time.

i thought about a skin but i don't think it would have the same pocketability or protect as much against hard drops. and once i get the case i'll also order a screen protector, BSE is the best one right?
    I have an otterbox and love it.... I have dropped it (12 feet to the ground) kicked it, skipped it across the ground, and even thrown it down to show people how great they are. They are pricey but well worth the investment.
    04-29-08 08:29 PM
    I have a Speck clear case on my Curve and bought it at the Tmobile store for less than $10. Its kept my Curve from getting damaged several times.
    04-29-08 08:30 PM
    Thanks for the info ds! invisible shield is on the way, but I didn't order the rubber skin yet! I appreciate it!
    04-29-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD