I am trying to figure out which replacement 9700 screen I need

there is no writing on the back of the screen, but I did find the following on the back of the connector ribbon:

NWL41-MDK71112

If it helps I am happy to upload any needed photos.
    03-06-11 06:42 PM
    very strange that yours doesn't have any writing on the back its usually either printed directly on the back lcd or on a label either on the back or side.

Without the label or printing of the lcd model number its pretty much impossible to determine which LCD to replace it with as its not interchangeable, only alternative is trial and error.

If you could upload clear pictures it could help maybe its in an unexpected corner??
    03-06-11 06:47 PM
    here are some pictures
    03-06-11 07:25 PM
    Quite strange that you lcd doesn't say a model number on it. My recommendation is take it to a service center and get them to take a look at it or even get them to replace it
    03-06-11 07:45 PM
    I figured it out, apparently I separated the screen at the wrong spot and the metal back was still on the system board. So I got my screen model number.

Why do they have different types anyway?
    03-06-11 10:19 PM
    Not exactly sure. If someone knows the answer please enlighten us.

I find it quite annoying and also pricing for both are the same so whats the real purspose? Lol
    03-06-11 10:25 PM
    the only thing I can think of is that they sourced parts from multiple vendors to meet demand. I know even the same model can be made in different countries so perhaps they get their own unique parts.
    03-08-11 12:21 PM
    Gotta take out the plate, the one hold the display then u see the version of it...
    Check the link http://m.lockerz.com/s/74544618?sid=03ned9ittcsu072bvonfqt6ke0

Good luck....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD