Hi there,

love the charging pods. have a few ( home, work, etc ) and love the things.

any case that is not with a flap and works with the charging pod ? have a couple in silicone and other in gel but make the bottom of the phone too "fat" to get in the pod.

best
    08-05-10 07:29 AM
    Not that I have seen. That is a pretty tight fit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 07:47 AM
    I'm going to be trying the Innocase surface case. It's supposed to be only 1 mm thick so I'm hoping it fits. It's also a two piece case, so it should be easy to remove if it doesn't fit in the dock.
    08-05-10 08:40 AM
    The pod is tight, the charging prongs are short. Yours is doomed quest.

08-05-10 08:59 AM
    This question should've been in the blackberry accessories forum.

But anyways, if your case is too thick, simply remove it and set the device on the dock to charge. Once it's charged, take it off, put the case back on.

08-05-10 09:34 AM
    This question should've been in the blackberry accessories forum.
    This is completely off topic, but I've got to ask...
    Rootbrian, do you contribute *anything* to this forum besides telling people their post is in the wrong section? I see these from you over and over and over. I shall now stop my rant and congratulate you on being only the second person out of all the thousands on here that has earned a spot on my Ignore list. Dude.

Proenca,
    should you find a case that will work with the charging pod, *please* let the rest of us know. I've been looking for one without any luck. Right now, that pod is about the only thing between me and an HTC device. I cannot stand the thought of having to plug in a cable every time I want a charge
    08-05-10 10:35 AM
    Hi there,

love the charging pods. have a few ( home, work, etc ) and love the things.

any case that is not with a flap and works with the charging pod ? have a couple in silicone and other in gel but make the bottom of the phone too "fat" to get in the pod.

best
    I use an Otterbox Commuter case which is two pieces: a silicon skin + a plastic outer shell. It comes off pretty easily (even my wife doesn't mind it!) prior to setting in my charging pod.

As far as I'm concerned, the less the number of flaps, etc., in the skin, the less the possibility that dirt and other stuff'll get inside. I'm willing to live with that compromise for that reason.

/ES
    08-05-10 11:26 AM
    Rootbrian, do you contribute *anything* to this forum besides telling people their post is in the wrong section? I see these from you over and over and over. I shall now stop my rant and congratulate you on being only the second person out of all the thousands on here that has earned a spot on my Ignore list. Dude.
    Um... he did offer his suggestion...

I don't see how this would be possible tho. Are there even cases (regardless of size) that don't cover the charging pod contacts?
    08-05-10 12:21 PM
    The bestskinsever "case" ?

08-05-10 12:36 PM
    I have an ifrogz luxe case, its a 2 piece case. It has a top half and a bottom half that slide into each other. The bottom can be removed for docking.

08-05-10 01:40 PM
    Wondering if you have done that to everybody reminding people in a polite way where the correct forum is?

Only trying to help, nothing more. Either me, someone else or a mod will remind people.

08-05-10 03:41 PM
    I'm using seidio case and seidio charging pod, looks great and feels also great, i have 3 OEM charging docks sitting in a draw since got this one.
    08-05-10 04:32 PM
    That's VERY funny. Seriously!!!
    He contributes-- maybe comic relief. LOL :-)

08-05-10 09:37 PM
    I am pretty sure that your not going to find a case that will work with the charging pod. Unless there is a case with two flaps to reveal the metal connectors or if the metal connectors were implemented on an actual case?
    To my knowledge none of those typed of cases exist

08-05-10 10:17 PM
    Zagg Invisible Shield...
    08-06-10 12:14 AM
    Um... he did offer his suggestion...

I don't see how this would be possible tho. Are there even cases (regardless of size) that don't cover the charging pod contacts?
    The Seidio does. You can see it in this image:

The question will be if it fits in the dock.
    08-06-10 06:25 AM
    The Seidio does. You can see it in this image:

The question will be if it fits in the dock.
    this is exactly what i have for my 9700 its not fit OEM RIM's dock but beautifully fits dock made by Seidio, honestly i love Seidio dock more then Rim's b/c Rim's sometimes needs to reconnect to start charging but never with Seidio's, good product and material was made from is very quality .
    08-06-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD