Just got my new 9650's Defender model today in the mail:

#1 - Fit & finish is 100x better than the one I had on my 8350i...

#2 - The silicone is held down with at least 4 more anchors than the Curve cases...

#3 - The screen protector does not sag inwards & touch the LCD like my old one (caused those goofy bubbles).

I'm loving it so far....

05-26-10 05:00 PM
    i love the defender case. i work in commercial construction and this case, and this case only, allows me to have my bb on me at all times. recently i was in a skyjack and my bb tour fell 25 feet onto concrete. when i went down to pick up the pieces i found my bb perfectly in tact.
    05-26-10 05:05 PM
    Also, I know one of the questions that will come up next - there are NO clearance issues with the USB port for charger or data cable ends...
    05-26-10 05:28 PM
    There are some issues with after market ends. The ones that come with it are fine. A little trim and the others work too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 06:24 PM
    it's worth every penny. There where some people on here balking at the price but you can either pay $50 (less with corp discounts) or pay every month for insurance and $50 if you make a claim.
    05-26-10 06:40 PM
    it's worth every penny. There where some people on here balking at the price but you can either pay $50 (less with corp discounts) or pay every month for insurance and $50 if you make a claim.
    Love their customer service,,,called them up last week regarding the silicone being worn,they sent me 2 replacement silicone pieces at no charge,received them in 3days.

05-26-10 08:58 PM
    Love their customer service,,,called them up last week regarding the silicone being worn,they sent me 2 replacement silicone pieces at no charge,received them in 3days.

That's great! It's always nice to know what companies you can rely on.
    05-26-10 09:05 PM
    Is the case still working out as you expected? Think I am leaning towards this one.

Just got my new 9650's Defender model today in the mail:

#1 - Fit & finish is 100x better than the one I had on my 8350i...

#2 - The silicone is held down with at least 4 more anchors than the Curve cases...

#3 - The screen protector does not sag inwards & touch the LCD like my old one (caused those goofy bubbles).

I'm loving it so far....

05-29-10 09:49 PM
    what theme are u using???
    05-30-10 12:18 AM
    Already bought my Commuter case, it's chilling here on my desk patiently waiting for VZ to release this damn phone lol

05-30-10 12:39 AM
    I also have a commuter case for the "as-yet-unreleased" 9650 (on verizon of course) sitting in a drawer in my desk. In a very uncharacteristic move for me I actuall bought an accessory for a device I DIDN'T EVEN OWN YET!

Nuts right? But I knew it was coming. (thank you dear crackberry faithful). And i was completely ready to sell/give it away to a sprint user in the event i didnt get it.

I went for the commuter instead of the defender only because the defender appears to have much more silicone exposed on the outside, which I'm sure is great for protection, but also makes me think it will generate more friction removing from a pant or coat pocket like other silicone skins.

Yes I know this is not just another silicone skin but I also like the commuter is (at least mostly) hard plastic on the outside and silicone on the inside and therefore may be easier to access.

I used a silicone skin on my pearl and my curve and both create issues with getting hung up trying to answer the phone quickly when I couldnt get it out of my pocket, and even once or twice thinking it was going INTO my pocket when the silicone just snagged too much and instead of sliding into my pocket I let go thinking it was in and it hit the ground. (more than once)

SO.....

I think the commuter may me just what I need. (as if I only needed one thing) Just the right amount of protection for a big old bear like me. I will of course follow up once Verizon actually releases the darn thing...but that's a different thread altogether.

-db
    05-30-10 09:01 AM
    Like that one also, but personally prefer the Defender.

Already bought my Commuter case, it's chilling here on my desk patiently waiting for VZ to release this damn phone lol

05-30-10 11:02 AM
    Yep, the case still meets all my expectations, and I'm using Foppa6 with a custom background for my theme...

05-30-10 03:02 PM
    what theme are u using???
    I tried sending him a message, but I never heard back from him. I'm very interested in his theme and background image.
    05-30-10 03:21 PM
    You guys must have just missed my mobile post above!

It's Foppa6 Clear from here,

And the wallpaper is called 'A New Dawn':

05-30-10 03:39 PM

I broke the holster for my tour's case and they shipped out a new one for free.

I stopped into a VZW reseller the other night and they where selling Defender cases for $29.99 and they took my %25 discount off of that. So it pays to shop around.
    05-30-10 03:58 PM
    Thanks w2sjw! I don't have my 9650 yet, so I can't experiment with the theme yet, but is there anyway I can change the time format to 12/12 instead of the 24 hour system?
    05-30-10 04:44 PM
    Now thats an excellent price on the Defender.

I broke the holster for my tour's case and they shipped out a new one for free.

I stopped into a VZW reseller the other night and they where selling Defender cases for $29.99 and they took my %25 discount off of that. So it pays to shop around.
    05-30-10 05:05 PM
    Thanks w2sjw! I don't have my 9650 yet, so I can't experiment with the theme yet, but is there anyway I can change the time format to 12/12 instead of the 24 hour system?
    The phone is 12-hour format set by default. I was a FF/EMT for so many years, I just got used to doing all the run reports in 24-hour format that I have every one of my clocks set like that now...

UPDATE - Whoops! - little mistake on the theme - It's Foppa7 Clear, not Foppa6...
    Last edited by w2sjw; 05-31-10 at 06:02 PM.
    05-31-10 05:39 PM
    Just bought 2 defender cases a few minutes ago. Now waiting for VZW to catch up with me regarding BB 9650. I have it on my 8330 & when I do take the case off the phone looks new & it's been abused from day 1.
    I am putting the cart before the horse here & hope VZW doesn't change their mind about releasing this phone.
    05-31-10 06:43 PM
    Nope; shouldn't be long now.

Just bought 2 defender cases a few minutes ago. Now waiting for VZW to catch up with me regarding BB 9650. I have it on my 8330 & when I do take the case off the phone looks new & it's been abused from day 1.
    I am putting the cart before the horse here & hope VZW doesn't change their mind about releasing this phone.
    06-01-10 11:17 AM
    just bought my defender case from a verizon store (all the sprint stores were sold out so thank you verizon). loving the case so far. wasn't thrilled on the keyboard protector at first..was afraid it would move around and not stay in place but after messing with my phone and sending emails and texts the keyboard protector is great! i really love how all the ports are protected too...never have to worry about getting them dirty. and as if to prove my well spent money, my 2 year old son (and future New York Yankees Pitcher lol) threw my phone against the wall and all is good...with the case and my phone
    06-15-10 08:50 PM
    Just received my Commuter Case for the Bold 9650. I instantly noticed that the quality is not as good as the Commuter Case for the Tour. The plastic is a little more flimsy and the rubber/silicon battery flap wont completely stay in place and overall is not as thick as the 9630's was. I still have the Commuter Case for the Tour, have compared the two so I know what Im talking about. Has anyone else noticed this?
    06-16-10 07:30 PM
    Just received my Commuter Case for the Bold 9650. I instantly noticed that the quality is not as good as the Commuter Case for the Tour. The plastic is a little more flimsy and the rubber/silicon battery flap wont completely stay in place and overall is not as thick as the 9630's was. I still have the Commuter Case for the Tour, have compared the two so I know what Im talking about. Has anyone else noticed this?

Interesting. I have a commuter for 9650 but nothing to compare it to. My battery flap won't hold in place, and the plastic does seem a little flimsy.

How well does your 9650 fit into the commuter for 9630? Anyone else who has both care to make a comparison?
    06-16-10 07:41 PM
    not happy with the commuter case for the 9650. the USB plug doesn't fit correctly, the charging cable doesn't fit at all without trimming the silicon case. the commuter case is great at being slim but does not appear great at protecting the phone.

i bought mine from the crackberry store. really disappointed.
    06-16-10 07:53 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD