Don't want to be argumentative, but to me, the hybrid case looks like it is designed for the 9630. The video demo is for the 9630, as are the specs. But if this case works for you, cool!
    09-06-10 02:31 PM
    Don't want to be argumentative, but to me, the hybrid case looks like it is designed for the 9630. The video demo is for the 9630, as are the specs. But if this case works for you, cool!
    The Bold and Tour have the same housing but different with Trackpad and trackball. I had a case for my Tour and it worked perfectly for my new Bold.

I am getting this case tomorrow, and will report if any problems. But their website lists that case works for both Tour and Bold. Wife has this case for her Curve 8530 so thats why I know how great it is.
    Last edited by binkyj1101; 09-06-10 at 02:38 PM.
    09-06-10 02:33 PM
    It is well documented on this board that the USB charging ports on the Bold and Tour are positioned differently. Some users have reported that for this reason, cases are not always interchangeable. Some have posted that 9630 cases had to be modified to fit 9650 to securely use the USB port. Just wanted the OP to be aware that this may be an issue.
    09-06-10 02:40 PM
    It is well documented on this board that the USB charging ports on the Bold and Tour are positioned differently. Some users have reported that for this reason, cases are not always interchangeable. Some have posted that 9630 cases had to be modified to fit 9650 to securely use the USB port. Just wanted the OP to be aware that this may be an issue.
    hmm weird. Will have to research that. Hope my new case works fine
    09-06-10 02:42 PM
    My only complaint with the Otterbox Commuter is that it only comes in black. Otherwise, I love it. The case mate hybrid looks very similar to the Commuter, but comes in cool colors. I had considered ordering one, but was concerned that it would not fit properly. I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on this case. Hope that it works out for you.
    09-06-10 02:59 PM
    I'm using the case that came with my 9650. I haven't seen one that I really want to buy yet.
    09-06-10 03:04 PM
    Watching a vid on the Case-Mate Hybrid for the Tour, the flap for the Charging port is pretty good size. It looks like the charging port is only slightly off so the flap should still be large enough.

09-06-10 03:08 PM
    hey man I did that mod and ot came out pretty good. Still bulges a little bit but I'll take the bulge with double battery life. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 11:37 PM
    Yeah it's pretty minor. Nice thing is the case will still work with the stock battery too.
    09-07-10 12:50 AM
    Ok here is the update i wanted to give for the Case-Mate hybrid case.

The website and alot of online says this case is for the Tour 9630, but it does work with the 9650 Bold. Here is pics to show everything including the charging usb port line up fine The usb port might not be perfectly in the center of the flap, but the charging plugs in fine into the port. Def a recommend for all!!

09-07-10 04:06 PM
    otterbox commuter!
    Great case. Exceptionally good fit. Looks vry sharp & provides modest protection for bumps and drops without adding unwanted bulk...

09-07-10 06:27 PM
    hmm weird. Will have to research that. Hope my new case works fine
    My wife has a Tour 9630
    I have a Bold 9650

I can lay the 9650 on top of the 9630 & look at the side with the usb charging ports and tell you for a fact (no research needed) that they are definitely located differently on the respective phone cases.

Close, but not the same.
    09-07-10 07:19 PM
    Probably gonna sell my modified otterbox commuter + 2600mah battery if someone doesn't feel like doing the mod.
    09-07-10 08:09 PM
    My wife has a Tour 9630
    I have a Bold 9650

I can lay the 9650 on top of the 9630 & look at the side with the usb charging ports and tell you for a fact (no research needed) that they are definitely located differently on the respective phone cases.

Close, but not the same.
    As long as the port hole for case isn't small, they will work. As pictured above, the Case-mate hybrid case works perfectly fine on both 9630 and 9650

09-07-10 09:29 PM
    Yeah it's pretty minor. Nice thing is the case will still work with the stock battery too.
    Yeah that's why I was able to mod it. If it would be a permanent sight I wouldn't do it.

This is awesome now!

09-08-10 12:22 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD